Poll: which ship and itinerary would you choose?`

LMaxwell

Which ship and itinerary would you choose?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship and itinerary would you choose?

For sure Conquest! With that itinerary at least you'll be out of sight of Miami! :D

The Bahamas, for us, has almost become a "stay on the ship" port. Just not a lot of things to do there after you've been a couple of time...for us anyway.

That's my preference and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Same for us, we do not even care to get off the boat in Nassau anymore. Also, I need my sea days, one would not do for me.

Nassau I've BTDT plenty, could stay onboard.

Kind of like that HMC and GT are both "beach days". Is there anything to tour at GT? Isn't there some US Space history there (any museums?).

Not sure what Amber Cove is; I know it's the cruiselines stop but is it a beach, shops, etc?

I've been to all the ports on the Conquest itinerary but my wife and son have not, and GC is a really nice port. Jamaica I could do without going back. Coz is usually solid for a good time.

I do like Sea Days, so not opposed to them.

Which ship is nicer of the two? Splendor is newer / larger than Conquest, right? How do they stack up for amenities and features?

Actually I believe Conquest may be newer and larger. I know Conquest has 2.0 upgrades and is pretty nice. Have never been on Splendor but twice on Conquest. Just choosing for the ship, I would go with Conquest.

Ports on the splendor are more appealing though.

EDITED: I guess Splendor may be newer. I just think of it as older since its not part of Conquest class or the newer Dream class. I can't help but think of the fire though, which turns me off of Splendor.

Edited by cruzinlisa

Nassau I've BTDT plenty, could stay onboard.

Kind of like that HMC and GT are both "beach days". Is there anything to tour at GT? Isn't there some US Space history there (any museums?).

Not sure what Amber Cove is; I know it's the cruiselines stop but is it a beach, shops, etc?

I've been to all the ports on the Conquest itinerary but my wife and son have not, and GC is a really nice port. Jamaica I could do without going back. Coz is usually solid for a good time.

I do like Sea Days, so not opposed to them.

Which ship is nicer of the two? Splendor is newer / larger than Conquest, right? How do they stack up for amenities and features?

My choice is not only ship amenities, but do your sons age group. We have cruised since our son ten (now 25 and we sail with him & her first cruise in 2 weeks.)

If younger - only reason to get off ship - the Azura gardens/zoo. We took a local bus for $1.25 each and had to walk a bit-maybe 6 blocks though. They gave interactive "trained flamingo show- if sit in front may be one to get picked to be part of it. Also where els can go on & stand by a flamingo and wander to create photo ops. Small zoo - very small, but animals easy to see that are there. Look up zoo before deciding,

For older son age- we found online jet ski company that we took jet skis all the way from shore to the stingray feeding area, across to an outdoor restaurant and back to shore. It was many hours on waverunners for reasonable amount. If go- book one per person, I shared with DH and got thigh rash from hanging on as no handlebars, plus can't see well as passenger.

If mid age do - Capt.Marvins does great Small stingray tour.

GT- avoided pool area- instead walked all way around corner to Chechnya she'll graveyard- bleached out white conch shells here. Not area for swimming though. Also read if a guy who book private golf carts and take out to lighthouse outside of cruise defined area.