UPSELLS on CUNARD WORLD CRUISES

LewiLewi

I have done three world cruises on Cunard. Never been offered any kind of upgrade for free or to pay for. We book our room and that is it!

Most world cruisers never get moved, or an offer of an upgrade as 120 nights is a long to time to reaccomadate you at late notice. There are often good prices on segment the nearer to the cruise . The last segment is always sold cheaper nearer the sail date

I agree with maggiemou but I was lucky and received a free upgrade when I did my world cruise. I'd booked the entry level balcony A7 and was moved to an A5. I did hear of a few others who were upgraded within the same type of cabin, but none moved from say outside to balcony. Some sectors can be sold at very good prices but others can increase as happened with the Pacific sectors (LA - Auckland - LA)

It can happen. On the first segment of the 2016 QE WC I booked one of the higher categories of inside (a specific cabin, not a guarantee). At checkin I was placed in one of the OV cabins on deck 3. It was a bit awkward getting my bags redirected but I was very happy.

Roy

I was upgraded from a balcony to Britannia Club for the first segment of the 2015 World Voyage. I did the full 2014 WV and didn't hear of anyone getting upgraded for the entire cruise.

If you are interested in paying more in an upsell, you (or your travel agent) should get in touch with Cunard (maybe after final payment is due) and see what they might offer.

Edited by Scrapnana