Questions regarding airport or downtown hotel

lukydog

We (hubby, 5 y/o grandson and I) are flying into New Orleans on Sat, Aug. 13th and cruising out on the Dream on the 14th. Trying to decide airport hotel or downtown. We have been to NOLA before, grandson not but we will only have the evening there pre-cruise. Does anyone have a recommendation for an airport hotel...would be nice to have shuttle from airport, pool, free breakfast would be great and a shuttle to the cruise port even better. If we would decide to stay downtown vicinity I am doubting those hotels would have airport shuttle. Anyone know the cost of cab from airport to downtown or warehouse district? Thanks everyone!

I don't think there is a downtown/french quarter/warehouse district hotel with an airport shuttle. I also don't think there is an airport hotel with a shuttle that takes you downtown. That being the case, you're probably going to have to pay that big cab fare at some point...Which is $36 for up to 2 people or $15/person for more than 2 people. You may have an uber option. I think someone mentioned that on here before.

http://www.flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

There are airport hotels with airport shuttles, pools, and free breakfast. There are downtown/french quarter/warehouse district hotels with pools and free breakfast.

I really only know hotwire hotels. If someone knows of something else hopefully they'll add to this.

If you're looking at the best deal...for your night I would probably recommend getting a hotel with a free shuttle from the airport and taking a cab directly to the port the next day. If you do stay downtown you would have to catch a cab down there, then another cab to the port the next day....unless your hotel is walking distance from the port.

If you do use hotwire, search for 2 adults and 2 children to guarantee a two bed room for hotels that automatically book your room type based on # of guests. 2 adults and 1 child may do the same thing but I don't know for sure.

This is what I believe the hotwire hotels are for the airport area that have free shuttle, free breakfast, and a pool (indoor/outdoor pool for comfort suites)

$82.00 - 3* MSY Airport Area 100% recommendation - Holiday Inn Express and Suites New Orleans Airport South

$91.00 - 2.5* All Suites Hotel MSY Airport Area 95% recommendation - Comfort Suites Airport

Personally, I would stay in the FQ, Central Business District, or Warehouse District at a hotel with free breakfast and a pool, if you can. This will put you in an ideal location for cruise morning and would probably give you some time to explore a little, including a visit to Cafe du Monde.