Best beach in Cozumel?

Carleeb12

Can anyone tell me if beach umbrellas are available at either Mr. Sancho's or NachI Cocum? I've been to Mr. Sancho's once and don't remember. Anyone know the cost? (Not really interested on the all-inclusive.) Thanks!

We reserved online for mr. Sanchos for 2.00 pp I think. We then paid 10 pp once we got there. That was for the free beach and all the inflatables in the water. You can rent umbrellas and chairs or just relax on the beach without. I think we just had to buy 10 per person which is nachos and a drink. Then you can use the chairs and umbrella. They had good food on the cheaper side. We got all inclusive for my mother and M I L. And they enjoyed it. The rest of our party did the 12 beach stay. It cost to take a taxi and we ended up getting 2 buses to take 18 of us.

I am also in the Nachi Cocum fan club. We have been there five or six times. It is a more laid back atmosphere than Paradise beach or Sancho's but the food, drinks and service are much better.

You have your own Palapa for shade and the view of the beach is nice. It always seems we stay on the beach for about two hours and then move up to the pool.

For $55 it is a reasonable price for what you get. Their guacamole is great. I got the recipe from one of the cooks and make it at home. They also have great fish entrees.

The cab fare, as of last June was $15.

Take care and enjoy,

Mike

Do you have to pay to use the beach, or can you just show up and chill on the sand without getting a chair and food?

Playa Palancar has no entrance fees. We were there last week for the 9th time and they do charge $5.00 if you want a cushion on your chair. We have never been asked to buy anything but we always get a drink or two. It was a $25 taxi ride each way from Puerta Maya pier however.

We'll probably miss the coz beaches this time because we booked the ancient tulum and beach tour. Never been to a Mayan ruin before and this tour includes beer. :)

Tulum has an absolutely amazing beach that you have to get to via a flight of long wooden steps built over the rocks.

Our tour (done via NCL) gave us time to enjoy that beach. Its perfect after a hot, humid walk in the ruins.

Tulum has an absolutely amazing beach that you have to get to via a flight of long wooden steps built over the rocks.

Our tour (done via NCL) gave us time to enjoy that beach. Its perfect after a hot, humid walk in the ruins.

I'm not sure how much longer I can maintain the level of excitement and anticipation and adrenaline I am currently experiencing lol. down to single digits now!

Just to avoid confusion, the OP asked about beaches on Cozumel, and Tulum is on the mainland, south of Playa del Carmen.

One needs to take an excursion there, or ferry over from Coz to Playa, then catch a bus, taxi or collectivo to go from Playa to Tulum.

The Tulum beach though is absolutely amazing, and I go into the water there every time I visit.

Edited by evandbob

• 10 months later...

I loved Nachi Cocum- I found it by mishap.I cut my foot the morming before my cruise with multiple stiches and had to rethink all my excusions.Doctor said no ocean water. The pool at Nachi was easy to ascess and quiet. The staff even moved strait backed chairs from the restaurant patio onto the sand under the umbrella for me, They were great.

We've been to Paradise Beach a few times. Always loved it. However, the last time we were there we noticed that there were so many more rocks in the water than previously. I feel a few times myself, and one of my daughters hurt her foot on one. Normally my girls can stay at a beach all day long and rarely come out of the water. This last time though, they asked to head to the super nice pool after just a short time. Because of all the rocks, if we head back to Paradise in the future, we will only go to the pool.

I don't dislike Cozumel, but I haven't visited a beach there that I just love. Not sure Cozumel has "those type" of beaches.

Playa Palancar has no entrance fees. We were there last week for the 9th time and they do charge $5.00 if you want a cushion on your chair. We have never been asked to buy anything but we always get a drink or two. It was a $25 taxi ride each way from Puerta Maya pier however.

I second this. Great beach, not crowded. The restaurant and bar will serve you while relaxing in chairs on the beach. I would definitely go back again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do any of these places have decent snorkeling?

No beach with a sandy bottom and any sort of waves will offer good snorkeling - the sand/waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. Most of the beach clubs (Sanchos, Nachi, etc.) offer a snorkel tour out to the reefs -- usually about 90 minutes for about $30+ each.

Your other option is to snorkel for an hour or two at the Money Bar - no beach, you enter the water via steps - with good snorkeling from the shore. Enjoy a few drinks/snacks and maybe the day, or eventually taxi to another beach club for the rest of the day.