Internet...

Tminish

what happened to the plan where you could buy unlimited wifi for 60.00 per 7 day cruise? it did not include skype, but regular email and other regular internet websites. if you needed skype or live streaming etc, it was more. But don't remember seeing 96.00 for wifi access last year:confused:

This is from a 7 day cruise on the Glory in February.

7024b64f06665c1d2aca4a9968939ef9.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

thank you firemanbobswife!

I cruise once a year, and have my parents at home, in reasonably good health, but in their 80's, so just want to email once or twice daily for peace of mind. My Mom has an IPad, she is 83, Dad is 87, so at days end I just go to sleep easier getting my daily email from Mom saying all is well:)

No matter the cost, I would pay for this, just for peace of mind. but was wondering, thanks again.:)

thank you firemanbobswife!

I cruise once a year, and have my parents at home, in reasonably good health, but in their 80's, so just want to email once or twice daily for peace of mind. My Mom has an IPad, she is 83, Dad is 87, so at days end I just go to sleep easier getting my daily email from Mom saying all is well:)

No matter the cost, I would pay for this, just for peace of mind. but was wondering, thanks again.:)

You are very welcome!

iMessage also worked on the Social Media plan all the way up until half way through the last day. So if you have an iPhone you could message your mom. But it's good to have the email as a back up just in case.

We got the 60 plan and it worked well for Facebook updates , candy crush updates for me and my son was able to connect some of his gaming stuff. We used it mostly while in the room relaxing to get out of the sun or during our afternoon nap time to unwind. It worked for you tube also. I made the mistake of doing the daily plan for the first 2 days then switched mid week to the weekly plan. Next time I will start at the beginning of the week. We also used the hub app for chatting with each other on the ship for 5.00 per phone. It was a great app for keeping up with each other and all of the activities. We got so used to it that we were trying to use it when we docked.

I'm sorry but I didn't see anything about the $5.00 hub app on your picture. That is what I was referring to.

Oh the HUB App is totally separate from the Internet plans. But it works the same way. You put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wi-fi. The app itself is free. If you want to chat with friends and family onboard it's $5 pp for the whole cruise.