Internet...

Tminish

Hi!

This will be my first time on Carnival so I am unsure of how the internet works on the ship.

Does Carnival offer wifi for purchase? I know last year while on NCL I was able to purchase the wifi package at the beginning of my cruise which ended up being a better price.

I would imagine it's the same fleet wide so if you just so happened to take a picture of the options available please feel free to post it here. LOL!

Thanks you guys for your help!

Tracie

Per day price

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Or $25 $60 $90 for the week.

Per day price

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Or $25 $60 $90 for the week.

So say for instance if I did the $5 Per day....I can use it as much as I'd like all day long? Or is it just for a certain amount of minutes? Thanks a lot for your reply.

And if you purchase it for the week instead of per day, that's the prices you stated at the end? $25 (For Social) $60 (For Value) $90 (For Premium) ?

So say for instance if I did the $5 Per day....I can use it as much as I'd like all day long? Or is it just for a certain amount of minutes? Thanks a lot for your reply.

And if you purchase it for the week instead of per day, that's the prices you stated at the end? $25 (For Social) $60 (For Value) $90 (For Premium) ?

You can use it all day, No time limit!

Yes those are the total cost for the week. $25

Turn your phone on airplane mode and then just turn on wi-fi

Carnival has upgraded there wi-fi and it works great.

You can use it all day, No time limit!

Yes those are the total cost for the week. $25

Turn your phone on airplane mode and then just turn on wi-fi

Carnival has upgraded there wi-fi and it works great.

Does the unlimited cover more than one device? I have an iPad, and my son and I each have iPhones, can we share one package? I normally wouldn't care to connect while cruising, but we are booked on the 27NOV cruise, and that is smack dab in the middle of hockey season.

We just got off the Splendor on July 10. My husband and daughter each purchased the premium plan for our 8 day cruise. We purchased 2 plans because you can only use one device at a time per plan and there was no way they were going to take turns. The speed was so incredibly slow (even with the premium plan) that they pretty much gave up trying to use it by mid cruise. It turned out to be a waste of money for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well this quote is a stretch "Carnival has upgraded there wi-fi and it works great."

I agree with Mader, the speed is painfully slow. We bought one $90 and one $60 package. Forget about streaming, mid day is the fastest, but I never got past 1Gig of speed on "what's my speed"

Does the unlimited cover more than one device? I have an iPad, and my son and I each have iPhones, can we share one package? I normally wouldn't care to connect while cruising, but we are booked on the 27NOV cruise, and that is smack dab in the middle of hockey season.

Not sure how well that would work if you want to stream the games. May be disappointed. Could at least get updates.

You sign into the package with your folio number. So you sign in with the iPad. Then if you sign in with the iPhone, the iPad is signed out.

At least that's what I saw everywhere.

How do you purchase a plan? Can you use the plan on a lap top?

You connect to the wifi on the ship and then try to go to a web page. You'll be redirected to a page where you can purchase.

Should work on any device that can get on wifi and pull up a web browser.

Not sure how well that would work if you want to stream the games. May be disappointed. Could at least get updates.

You sign into the package with your folio number. So you sign in with the iPad. Then if you sign in with the iPhone, the iPad is signed out.

At least that's what I saw everywhere.

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for. I doubt I will be able to stream the games, but I will need to see the scores at the very least. I will DVR the games and watch them when we get home. I would disconnect completely, but my boys need me. Or I need them, same difference.

Thanks but I can't read it. It is too small and blurry even when I click on it:(

internet_zpscyufglqf.jpg

Maybe this will help you.

**I do not own the rights to this photo. It was posted from someone else on another thread**

Good morning ya'll!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I do have one last question...

If I were to just send a regular text without iMessage or Facebook Message, would that work with using wifi? Or is that something that would have to be done with my cell phone carrier?

Good morning ya'll!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I do have one last question...

If I were to just send a regular text without iMessage or Facebook Message, would that work with using wifi? Or is that something that would have to be done with my cell phone carrier?

You cannot send texts without using your cell phone carrier. We did the social plan on the Conquest and I was able to send iMessages and Facebook messengers. We did not use our cell phone plan on the ship, I called them and it would have been way too much money! As far as your streaming games questions a lot of streaming sites are not permitted so not sure if you'll be able to see your games.

You cannot send texts without using your cell phone carrier. We did the social plan on the Conquest and I was able to send iMessages and Facebook messengers. We did not use our cell phone plan on the ship, I called them and it would have been way too much money! As far as your streaming games questions a lot of streaming sites are not permitted so not sure if you'll be able to see your games.

I thought that would be the answer. Thanks for your reply.

I believe someone else was interested in the video streaming. I just want to send a few messages here and there so I'll get the minimum package plan they have. Thanks again!

internet_zpscyufglqf.jpg

Maybe this will help you.

**I do not own the rights to this photo. It was posted from someone else on another thread**

I wonder how long that cruise is.

Those prices are a lot higher than my last 7 day cruise

• 5 weeks later...

what happened to the plan where you could buy unlimited wifi for 60.00 per 7 day cruise? it did not include skype, but regular email and other regular internet websites. if you needed skype or live streaming etc, it was more. But don't remember seeing 96.00 for wifi access last year:confused: