Steak house

khewston

Off topic to pusywillow: If you would stack your countdown clocks vertically, instead of having them side-by-side horizontally, then everyone's posts on here wouldn't be stretched out so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to read them.

Thanks, but I have no idea how to do that. Ever since I got Windows 10, I can't copy and paste, so I can't even add any more cruises.

Sue

Thanks, but I have no idea how to do that. Ever since I got Windows 10, I can't copy and paste, so I can't even add any more cruises.

Sue

You can always highlight what you want to copy with your mouse and then hold the CTRL and C keys to copy. Then hit CTRL and V to paste it.

As for your sig line, go into your Cruise Critic account control panel (UserCP top left)) and find the edit sig part and then just put the cursor between your existing cruise counter codes and hit the enter key*. This will put a carriage return between your cruise counters so they appear stacked instead of straight across the page.

I'm not on my windows 10 machine at the moment so I can't get more Win10 specific for you but the ctrl-C and ctrl-V are universal.

* I only have one counter so I don't have multiple tags to put carriage returns between but you will want to find the place in your sig where one counter ends and the next begins:

2ibjbs7.jpg

where that red arrow points is the end of IMG tag the next thing should be the start of the next IMG tag - just hit a carriage return between the 2 brackets...If I'm bad at explaining please feel free to ask for clarification.

Edited by originalgeek

You can always highlight what you want to copy with your mouse and then hold the CTRL and C keys to copy. Then hit CTRL and V to paste it.

As for your sig line, go into your Cruise Critic account control panel (UserCP top left)) and find the edit sig part and then just put the cursor between your existing cruise counter codes and hit the enter key*. This will put a carriage return between your cruise counters so they appear stacked instead of straight across the page.

I'm not on my windows 10 machine at the moment so I can't get more Win10 specific for you but the ctrl-C and ctrl-V are universal.

* I only have one counter so I don't have multiple tags to put carriage returns between but you will want to find the place in your sig where one counter ends and the next begins:

2ibjbs7.jpg

where that red arrow points is the end of IMG tag the next thing should be the start of the next IMG tag - just hit a carriage return between the 2 brackets...If I'm bad at explaining please feel free to ask for clarification.

Thanks for taking time to be so kind to a non geek. I'll refer to this in the future. Maybe when I have time I'll try it.

• 10 months later...
I can think of one reason not to book the steakhouse on the first night. On the Magic We ate a marvelous steak on the first night only to find when we showed up the second night in the main dining, the waiter told us our normal table was given to someone else since we were a no show the first night. He said he would find us a new place. We were placed in a high traffic area with terrible service. We were always waiting on dessert while the majority of the population had left. This is about the only complaint we had for any cruise we've taken so we consider ourselves very happy carnival cruisers.

Going to the Maitre d' the first day (opens about 1:30 pm) and telling them you'll be at the Steakhouse might prevent this.

Off topic to pusywillow: If you would stack your countdown clocks vertically, instead of having them side-by-side horizontally, then everyone's posts on here wouldn't be stretched out so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to read them.

On my screen there is an option that says "Collapse Signature"

That way you only see one line of anybodies signature, regardless how long it is.

On my screen there is an option that says "Collapse Signature"

That way you only see one line of anybodies signature, regardless how long it is.

the referenced post was from a year ago before we had the collapse sig feature - however, I'm not sure it would even work as the problem wasn't the sig being too long, it was because the poster had 2 CC countdown clocks side by side with no carriage return between them so they displayed horizontally instead of vertically. If they were the first objects in the sig the collapse sig feature I think would still display them. It doesn't look like the pics are still there though so the point may be moot lol.

Going to the Maitre d' the first day (opens about 1:30 pm) and telling them you'll be at the Steakhouse might prevent this.

Thank you for this...I have the first night reservations and I'd hate for this to happen!

Thanks

Thank you for this...I have the first night reservations and I'd hate for this to happen!

Thanks

We have done the Steakhouse, Cucina and JiJi several times as our first night, and never did they give away our table.

I am very surprised to hear this, and wonder if it is was more of a group of friends took the table... because they were not sitting next to each other, and the wait staff did not stop them..

It cant hurt to go tell them, but they should not give it away.

On the first night if you tell them your luggage hasnt arrived they should allow you in. If not it is their loss.

I haven't been on Carnival for a couple of years, but when we were on Dream and our luggage hadn't arrived by 6PM, I called the Steak House and explained my DH had worn shorts to board the ship and we had no luggage, no long pants for him. I was politely told they would be glad to change our reservations to another night as shorts weren't allowed in the Steak House.

I don't know if that policy has changed, but I wouldn't count on it just to be on the safe side,

We have done the Steakhouse, Cucina and JiJi several times as our first night, and never did they give away our table.

I am very surprised to hear this, and wonder if it is was more of a group of friends took the table... because they were not sitting next to each other, and the wait staff did not stop them..

It cant hurt to go tell them, but they should not give it away.

On our cruise last December i had every intention of going to tell the Maitre' D we would be in the steakhouse on the first night but in the bustle of first day boarding I forgot until it was too late. We went to steakhouse, got free wine and then had a great MDR experience the rest of the cruise. I too would be surprised if they gave away a table that had already been assigned.