A question from my kids LOL

loxley

Great someone answered the question instead of passing a bunch of judgment about how people choose to spend their time on the ship. It was the same kind of feedback on FB when the question was asked.

Relaxation is different for everyone. I never understood why people care what other people are doing. As long as it isn't bothering you, mind your own business. This Pokemon stuff is an old game that's come back to life, and people of all ages seem to be into it. I have no clue as its not my thing, but if that's what people - in this case KIDS - want to spend some of their time doing, sobeit. Yeah drinking, gambling, baking like a lobster in the sun, complaining as you shake your finger about every tiny thing you see that you dislike, etc. is a much better way to spend your time.:rolleyes:

Come back and post again after you have encountered people playing the game.

Great someone answered the question instead of passing a bunch of judgment about how people choose to spend their time on the ship. It was the same kind of feedback on FB when the question was asked.

Relaxation is different for everyone. I never understood why people care what other people are doing. As long as it isn't bothering you, mind your own business. This Pokemon stuff is an old game that's come back to life, and people of all ages seem to be into it. I have no clue as its not my thing, but if that's what people - in this case KIDS - want to spend some of their time doing, sobeit. Yeah drinking, gambling, baking like a lobster in the sun, complaining as you shake your finger about every tiny thing you see that you dislike, etc. is a much better way to spend your time.:rolleyes:

I stand by my previous post to be cautious about data charges. Frankly I don't care how others spend their hard-earned vacation time, but feel it is the right thing to do to caution inexperienced cruisers about international data/cell phone charges. That is totally a topic worth discussion unless one has significant financial resources and doesn't care. The article referenced notes, "While Pokemon Go can be run on Wi-Fi, you'd need a hefty data package to run the game at sea."

Pokémon player beware. Enough said.

Player beware while on cruise ships. I hope you have fun wherever your Pokémon Go ventures take you.

I stand by my previous post to be cautious about data charges. Frankly I don't care how others spend their hard-earned vacation time, but feel it is the right thing to do to caution inexperienced cruisers about international data/cell phone charges. That is totally a topic worth discussion unless one has significant financial resources and doesn't care. The article referenced notes, "While Pokemon Go can be run on Wi-Fi, you'd need a hefty data package to run the game at sea."

Pokémon player beware. Enough said.

Player beware while on cruise ships. I hope you have fun wherever your Pokémon Go ventures take you.

Yours was a useful post! My comment wasn't directed at that comment which was meant to help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yours was a useful post! My comment wasn't directed at that comment which was meant to help.

So glad you agree. Uninformed cruisers can be in for a really big surprise post-cruise if they don't understand what data/cell charges can add up to on vacation if ill-prepared. Some people don't understand that apps like Pokémon Go run on data---very expensive data if you're outside your data plan coverage area. And for most of us cruising the Caribbean, that coverage area ends soon after the ship leaves port, with the exception being if you purposefully pick up free wifi while docked in port. For most of us, that is a pretty small window of data opportunity during our vacation. And inexperienced cruisers deserve to know that to avoid unexpected astronomical data/cell charges once we're back at home in the states. And while we're having that discussion--those additional charges can take up to 2 months to show on your cell phone bill. Caveat emptor.

Edited by winddawn

The game isn't available on ships -- only on land in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. H owever, the Cruise Critic editorial staff compiled a small list of some places near U.S. homeports where you can find PokeStops, gyms and Pokemon: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7126. Enjoy!

Ha! That's awesome. Thanks for the link.

Come back and post again after you have encountered people playing the game.

I have, every day.

People are getting out of the house. Kids are walking and moving more. People are stopping to chat with strangers playing the game at the mall, people they wouldn't have normally spoken to. Local businesses are profiting.

The fact that Cruise Critic already put up an article about this should tell you everything you need to know.

I have, every day.

People are getting out of the house. Kids are walking and moving more. People are stopping to chat with strangers playing the game at the mall, people they wouldn't have normally spoken to. Local businesses are profiting.

The fact that Cruise Critic already put up an article about this should tell you everything you need to know.

Thank you.

Anyone currently on a cruise that can tell us if Pokemon Go is functional.....sorry had to ask....:D

My dd just graduated a very good college witht an excellent GPA and attending law school on a full ride in September and she and her friend are out now walking the park and a street with a lot of store fronts doing Pokeman!!!!! She is 22 and I think she is crazy lol. Dont be sorry Im sure your kids arent 22 lol

I was just sent this and she walked five miles omg ImageUploadedByForums1468458287.593725.jpg.cda514c39090ad332a622dacccbc63d7.jpg

I run and nervous to try the game since if I like it, I know I will want to do as I run lol

Edited by js