Pokemon Go Question

thall1719

Since it just came out this week I doubt if the ships have had time to buy a "lure" which would put the characters onto the ships.

I actually just learned about those "lures" today on the business news. A pizza place out on Long Island spent $100 to have lures for its location and now their business is up 75% with folks finding characters at their bar and out in their back patio garden while buying beer and pizza!

I can just imagine Carnival paying to have the characters all over the ships!!

Edited by riffatsea

Good grief I hope not! There is enough distracted walking about with people's heads buried in their phones!

Imagine them all running, or rapidly walking about, through every venue, show, restaurant, game, etc. at all hours shouting back and forth to each other with their heads buried in their phones!!

But if it is, let the data charges begin!! :p

What a concept though....you couldn't print money fast enough if some "rare" ones were only found on the ship...

:)

It's fun and addicting...playing with my boys (using the kids as an excuse to play LOL)

:D

What a concept though....you couldn't print money fast enough if some "rare" ones were only found on the ship...

It's fun and addicting...playing with my boys (using the kids as an excuse to play LOL)

I'm in my mid 40s and work in the video game industry. All my peers are playing it. Many of their pre-adolescent kids refuse to. Heh.

I think it would be so much fun! Don't play if you don't want to but mind your own business if others want to play!! I'm 53 and I play with all four of my kids in their 20's lol. Those ships could make a killing if they were on board.

lol, I keep telling people my daughter makes me play.

From what I understand about the game you need a (smart) phone and internet or data to play. -And people play for hours :rolleyes: I for one wouldn't waste my money for this. If you and your kids really want to play this, try a land vacation or the mall or park. I feel like when we bring our kids on a cruise, it's to get to do things together that we don't ordinarily do. This most definitely would not include wasting time playing on our phones!

I also wouldn't trust most kids with smart phones around so much water.

Have they tried the water slides?

While I agree with some of the postings, I do have two 26 year olds and their wives that are currently playing poke go with all of their friends....last count was 2 to 4 miles walked in 1 day in search of that pokemon, so A+ for

exercise . At least it gets people out of the house and walking instead of sitting in front of a computer/tv all day like some people (myself included). Also interaction with others is up because so many people are talking about it. So to each their own...have fun and go catchem all. :D

Anyone currently on a cruise that can tell us if Pokemon Go is functional.....sorry had to ask....:D

Data charges while traveling can be pretty expensive unless you have an international data plan. You'd be wise to ensure those kids put those cell phones in airplane mode while you're traveling unless you don't mind a big cell phone bill surprise next month.

While I agree with some of the postings, I do have two 26 year olds and their wives that are currently playing poke go with all of their friends....last count was 2 to 4 miles walked in 1 day in search of that pokemon, so A+ for

exercise . At least it gets people out of the house and walking instead of sitting in front of a computer/tv all day like some people (myself included). Also interaction with others is up because so many people are talking about it. So to each their own...have fun and go catchem all. :D

Amen! It's an excellent exercise and it's a personal choice, so I don't know why people are even commenting on whether they agree. That wasn't even her question. Grumpy people gotta be grumpy I guess. Love the fact you have to walk and log miles to get some of the Pokemon. It's the best thing ever to get young and old moving.

Thanks for all the replies! Yes I know we will be on vacation and time spent doing things we normally don't get to do. As some have stated it wasn't a topic for people to jump on the "get off your phones" band wagon rather just a conversation to see if it was at all available....

Again, imagine my kids coming home and telling their friends look what I caught on vacation (something only found at Amer Cover for example)

Ease up on the tech crowd, we're people too :D

#gotacatchthemall

The game isn't available on ships -- only on land in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. However, the Cruise Critic editorial staff compiled a small list of some places near U.S. homeports where you can find PokeStops, gyms and Pokemon: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7126. Enjoy!

Great someone answered the question instead of passing a bunch of judgment about how people choose to spend their time on the ship. It was the same kind of feedback on FB when the question was asked.

Relaxation is different for everyone. I never understood why people care what other people are doing. As long as it isn't bothering you, mind your own business. This Pokemon stuff is an old game that's come back to life, and people of all ages seem to be into it. I have no clue as its not my thing, but if that's what people - in this case KIDS - want to spend some of their time doing, sobeit. Yeah drinking, gambling, baking like a lobster in the sun, complaining as you shake your finger about every tiny thing you see that you dislike, etc. is a much better way to spend your time.:rolleyes:

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Thanks for all the replies! Yes I know we will be on vacation and time spent doing things we normally don't get to do. As some have stated it wasn't a topic for people to jump on the "get off your phones" band wagon rather just a conversation to see if it was at all available....

Again, imagine my kids coming home and telling their friends look what I caught on vacation (something only found at Amer Cover for example)

Ease up on the tech crowd, we're people too :D

#gotacatchthemall

See you onboard! Maybe our kids will meet!!

I think it would be so much fun! Don't play if you don't want to but mind your own business if others want to play!! I'm 53 and I play with all four of my kids in their 20's lol. Those ships could make a killing if they were on board.

THIS!!!!

My kids aren't into it (yet), but I think the concept is fun. It gets people out and about and active and interacting.

Don't like it, don't play.

Since it just came out this week I doubt if the ships have had time to buy a "lure" which would put the characters onto the ships.

I actually just learned about those "lures" today on the business news. A pizza place out on Long Island spent $100 to have lures for its location and now their business is up 75% with folks finding characters at their bar and out in their back patio garden while buying beer and pizza!

I can just imagine Carnival paying to have the characters all over the ships!!

Sadly it does not work that way. What the the pizza place was doing was putting lures on what is called a Poke Stop. The game is the one that put the poke stops out there they are just lucky to have one within range of the pizza place. They are usually placed at land marks or pieces of art. You (as a player) can then place a lure on that poke stop to lure pokemon in. So the owner is playing the game himself and has spent money in the game to buy lures and put them on that stop. It shows up to other players that there is a lure there drawing them in.

My wife wishes she had a stop at her business.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...