Steakhouse Selections on Reg. Menu

fabby50

Hey! Getting ready for a shortie cruise on the Inspiration. They don't have a steakhouse, but have the steakhouse selections in the dining room.

Looking for people's opinions of this option. My husband loves a good filet and we usually go to the steakhouse at least once when it's available.

Thanks!

Hey! Getting ready for a shortie cruise on the Inspiration. They don't have a steakhouse, but have the steakhouse selections in the dining room.

Looking for people's opinions of this option. My husband loves a good filet and we usually go to the steakhouse at least once when it's available.

Thanks!

My mom ordered the filet one night and even though she had it too overcooked for my liking :o it was very very good. I wound up finishing it for her.

On the Victory in April - One evening, 6 of the 8 guests at our table ordered from pay extra steak menu - our food took a long time to come - we were beginning to think they forgot about us, then finally our server came with the big tray stacked with all our meals.

Most were happy with their orders but I ordered medium and my steak was way over cooked and not even hot. I wanted to send it back but the waiter never came back to see how our meals even were... finally DH called over the assistant maitre'D and told her my steak was over cooked and not the way I had ordered it.. she offered to take it back and get me another one, but by this time the rest of my table mates were all just finishing their meal and no way did I want to wait again.. I told her no, I told her we waited so long for these steaks no way did I want to wait again.. I just wanted to send it back. She offered to get me something else, I again said, thanks but no thanks.. I was fine with what I had eaten by that point and hey - you can never go hungry on a cruise ship !

Anyways, at the end of dinner, our server brought around all the charge slips for the $ 20 to everyone that had the steaks, including me ! DH told him I had to send back my steak, so I shouldn't have to pay .. he said he was sorry he wasn't aware of that and went off to talk to the assistant maitre'D - we watched as he talked to her then he when he returned his kinda just ignored me and went about clearing our table..

Although that was a bad experience for me, like I said others at our table were happy with their meals.