Taking on coffee creamers

taraleigh

So this is probably a really silly question but I have to ask. I am a hardcore coffee drinker. Have to have it in the morning. I really like a specific creamer that I know will not be on the ship. Do you think they would allow me to bring on an unopened box of individual creamers?

DH is also a big coffee drinker and enjoys a particular type of creamer. We've taken the individual cups like you're speaking about and last time, I found some in the little squirt bottle similar to the MIO water enhancers bottles. They have never said anything to us about either.

Not to hijack the thread but of tangential interest to me is how is the coffee without creamer? I drink it black but not everybody makes good coffee lol. I am not even especially picky as I just drink Maxwell House or Folgers every morning but on the days I forget to set the machine I've noticed some places are better than others at brewing coffee.

For instance, Starbucks black coffee is not as good as its' cost would indicate. McDonalds is a little better and a lot cheaper. Racetrack and Wawa aren't too bad either.

The best black coffee I ever had was at a banquet and served from a huge silver tank that I assume they filled from pitchers brewed in the hotel kitchen. I'd be happy if Carnival can make a similar banquet coffee.

If nothing else, I'll keep and eye on this thread as my wife uses those international flavored creamers and any suggestions for something similar would help her out a lot. they come in bottles from Publix but maybe I can find her some cartons for traveling...

Not to hijack the thread but of tangential interest to me is how is the coffee without creamer?

I personally like the coffee in the buffet stations; but I've read some folks hate it. :p I've also heard that you could hate the coffee in the buffet, but love it at the coffee shop, so I guess you'll have to do some sampling. :)

I don't use these, so not sure how the price matches out to buying a larger size box of the same, but thought I would share this for travel creamers. (I love this site :))

http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=creamer

I personally like the coffee in the buffet stations; but I've read some folks hate it. :p I've also heard that you could hate the coffee in the buffet, but love it at the coffee shop, so I guess you'll have to do some sampling. :)

I don't use these, so not sure how the price matches out to buying a larger size box of the same, but thought I would share this for travel creamers. (I love this site :))

http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=creamer

sending that link to my wife right now - I see several of the flavors she likes and we don't have to buy a 200-count case of them it seems. Neat find! thanks!

I will enjoy traveling the ship and seeing which station can make the best coffee lol. Our favorite breakfast place here makes great coffee. Our second favorite has great food but for some reason insists on burning the coffee.

Not to hijack the thread but of tangential interest to me is how is the coffee without creamer? I drink it black but not everybody makes good coffee lol. I am not even especially picky as I just drink Maxwell House or Folgers every morning but on the days I forget to set the machine I've noticed some places are better than others at brewing coffee.

I think Carnival coffee on lido is pretty vile! Room service and MDR coffee is passable

I think Carnival coffee on lido is pretty vile! Room service and MDR coffee is passable

room service is a good idea just so it's there in the am without us having to go hunt it down. Good way to start and then go get some breakfast...

I have always been a coffee with just regular ole creamer until last Thanksgiving..my sister in law had some Hershey's Caramel Chocolate creamer in the fridge..I tried it and ended up hooked. Now I'm like an addict! Between that and the Caramel Macchiato I'll never drink regular plain ole creamer again! ;)

I also used to use flavored creamers. I've since switched to flavored Stevia drops and the ship's half and half. I just wanted to eliminate the chemicals, though I do still get Natural Bliss every once in a while.

But as many of those single creamers that I would use, especially on my upcoming 33 days on the Vista, I would need an extra suitcase...LOL

For instance, Starbucks black coffee is not as good as its' cost would indicate. McDonalds is a little better and a lot cheaper. Racetrack and Wawa aren't too bad either.

The best black coffee I ever had was at a banquet and served from a huge silver tank that I assume they filled from pitchers brewed in the hotel kitchen. I'd be happy if Carnival can make a similar banquet coffee.

If nothing else, I'll keep and eye on this thread as my wife uses those international flavored creamers and any suggestions for something similar would help her out a lot. they come in bottles from Publix but maybe I can find her some cartons for traveling...

My gourmet coffee head is exploding, McDonalds?

Fast and cheap and on my way to work. Starbucks black coffee is never any better and always more expensive. My wife loves Starbucks caramel something something but I'm convinced that's ton of cream and candy covering up the crap coffee.

That surprised me too, but their coffee is pretty good.

On the ship, I take the coffeemate squeeze bottles with me, I have room service coffee every morning. I also take a sandwich baggie of chocolate creamers too, I like them with bedtime coffee and cookies.

So this is probably a really silly question but I have to ask. I am a hardcore coffee drinker. Have to have it in the morning. I really like a specific creamer that I know will not be on the ship. Do you think they would allow me to bring on an unopened box of individual creamers?

This question reminded of something funny that happened to my wife a few years ago. We prefer the powdered creamer (i.e. Coffee Mate) instead of liquid creamer like that on the ship. We bought a small jar to take with us, and my wife packed it in her carry on bag. When our bags were scanned at the TSA checkpoint at the airport, my wife got called aside while the agent searched her bag. On the scanner, the jar just showed up as a container with a powdered substance in it. I imagine the agent, seeing it on the scanner, was wondering "What is that? An explosive device? Anthrax? Cocaine?" Fortunately, the jar still had its' factory seal, so there was no problem. After that, we learned to pack our creamer in our checked luggage.

I love starbucks, but I have yet to acquire the taste of regular coffee. My hubby drinks his black, and he hates starbucks. He says their coffee is horrible. That being said he has never complained about the coffee anywhere on the ship and he drinks a good bit of it. I always carry my little individual creamers. Last time I carried them in my carry on without any problems.

I'm guessing these are not allowed...

tumblr_o585tqb4fd1rfd7wwo1_500.jpg

Actually, these shouldn't be allowed anywhere as RumChata is disgusting, but my local liquor store had a few different types of alcoholic coffee creamer packs in a basket on the counter the last time I was there.

I just wanted to eliminate the chemicals

I agree - was overloading on the blue and yellow stuff, and it was messing with my blood sugar levels. yuk. Now I use coconut sugar - all natural and it has a low glycemic index. Love it.

And just a tip in general - Love me a cup of joe in the morning while I stroll around an empty ship and those little coffee cups they provide are ridiculous. I bring a large insulated mug, so it does double duty - coffee in the AM and iced drinks/adult beverages during the day. :)

I love starbucks, but I have yet to acquire the taste of regular coffee. My hubby drinks his black, and he hates starbucks. He says their coffee is horrible. That being said he has never complained about the coffee anywhere on the ship and he drinks a good bit of it. I always carry my little individual creamers. Last time I carried them in my carry on without any problems.

Your hubby sounds like a smart and reasonable fella! :)

SB makes good candy but not good coffee.