Sky Suite Newbie - Ship Tours

Brewster

Hi, I have booked my first Suite Class on the Summit. I do understand the various perks - Luminae, Michael's Club Etc...Just wondering, if it is possible to arrange a galley tour or Bridge Tour as a Suite Perk with the Michael's Club Concierge? Has anybody had any experience of the these type of Suite Perks? Thanks.

Hi, I have booked my first Suite Class on the Summit. I do understand the various perks - Luminae, Michael's Club Etc...Just wondering, if it is possible to arrange a galley tour or Bridge Tour as a Suite Perk with the Michael's Club Concierge? Has anybody had any experience of the these type of Suite Perks? Thanks.

Just ask the MC Concierge, they are often able to arrange these if there are enough interested people.

Absolutely!

Just tell the concierge you want a particular tour.

You can get a bridge tour, an engine room control room tour, a backstage theatre tour, and a galley tour. These are much smaller and more comprehensive groups than the ones you would get elsewhere.

We have been on these through the concierge in Michael's Club. Our experience was fabulous. If you want to have dinner with the captain, that can be arranged.

She also arranged a couple afternoon teas with lovely music, and some jazz one night, and the main piano player came in to play for us one evening. She worked so hard to make our time on board special. We met with some couples every evening before dinner and that was fun. We *did* go up to the Sky Lounge at sunset for the elite happy hour because we like the venue and it's beautiful. The only complaint I have about Michael's is there is no view. Hopefully the equivalent on the new Edge ships will have windows.

The concierge will also get you whatever drink you want. As a matter of fact, so will the sommelier in Luminae. We had the premium package and the sommelier there (Maggie on Eclipse) paired our meals with perfect wines and when she got to know our taste she found bottles all over the ship and saved them for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

Absolutely!

Just tell the concierge you want a particular tour.

You can get a bridge tour, an engine room control room tour, a backstage theatre tour, and a galley tour. These are much smaller and more comprehensive groups than the ones you would get elsewhere.

We have been on these through the concierge in Michael's Club. Our experience was fabulous. If you want to have dinner with the captain, that can be arranged.

The concierge will also get you whatever drink you want. As a matter of fact, so will the sommelier in Luminae. We had the premium package and the sommelier there (Maggie on Eclipse) paired our meals with perfect wines and when she got to know our taste she found bottles all over the ship and saved them for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

What might be the chances of arranging dinner with another officer, say the chief engineer? I'd love to hear stories of how the ship runs. Last cruise (PH), we were invited to dinner with the captain, but had to decline since our DD was not of drinking age, thus not allowed to sit at the table. Could we get some one else to share our dinner in Luminae?

Last cruise (PH), we were invited to dinner with the captain, but had to decline since our DD was not of drinking age, thus not allowed to sit at the table.

I do not believe you have to be of drinking age to sit at the Captain's Table. :)

I do not believe you have to be of drinking age to sit at the Captain's Table. :)

You may be correct, however, when I received the call from our MC concierge host, she was sure to make it clear that the invite was for my wife and I ONLY. She said that there was going to be wine or liquor served at the table and my DD could not attend. That was fine with me. I preferred dining with my DD in Luminae any way. Maybe this was the policy of this particular concierge and it was her way of controlling the guest list. BTW, I was not very impressed with her level of service.

When we inquired about a bridge tour on the Reflection in February, the MC concierge said it would be at the discretion of the captain. The invitation never materialized. A few diners in Luminae said they asked and were told the same. They happened to also be selling a bridge tour to anyone who wanted, so I'm wondering if they're trying to monetize the behind-the-scenes stuff.

So just beware that because you ask doesn't mean it's automatically going to happen. We did get to go to the helipad when sailing into San Juan.

You may be correct, however, when I received the call from our MC concierge host, she was sure to make it clear that the invite was for my wife and I ONLY. She said that there was going to be wine or liquor served at the table and my DD could not attend. That was fine with me. I preferred dining with my DD in Luminae any way. Maybe this was the policy of this particular concierge and it was her way of controlling the guest list. BTW, I was not very impressed with her level of service.

I've never seen a child sitting at the Captain's Table. Not saying it never happens and I'm sure someone here will tell me otherwise, but it's not common and certainly not the policy (if there is one) of a certain ship or concierge.

Phil

Yes, I'm sure they will make it happen for you.

Phil

What might be the chances of arranging dinner with another officer, say the chief engineer? I'd love to hear stories of how the ship runs. Last cruise (PH), we were invited to dinner with the captain, but had to decline since our DD was not of drinking age, thus not allowed to sit at the table. Could we get some one else to share our dinner in Luminae?

It has been my understanding that the captain table in the MDR has gone away. Our last Celebrity cruise we dined with a officer in Tuscan Grille. There were 9 at the table. I also saw a officer having dinner in Luminae at a large table. I like the new idea. We meet some nice people and had a lovely dinner. Our dinner was organized by the Captains Club hostess. We had a Sky Suite.