Nervous First Time CRuiser

realdinkydi

I am going with an aquaintance from work I dont know her very well, its always been a dream of mine to cruise but I feel very nervous of what it will be like and if it will get scary with rough waters and if I'll be sick.I am prone to motion sickness when travelling long distance in car.I am 33 year old female can anybody reassure me. Also my frind said that cruises were just like a floating RSL and were made for just picking up and f---ing, excuse the term. Is anybody here going on the Sun Nov 20.If interersted it is a really cheap one. 995 for twin share 9 nights. and still tickets left.

Whoa!

Take a breath. Nothing to be worried about. I don't know who you are traveling on but motion should not be a problem. FT and I travel on a small line quiet often. Sometimes it gets a bit rough but we are on a small ship (100 passangers). I can't imagine a large ship every being very rough, but to reassure yourself about motion sickness go to the doctor and get the patch that goes behind your ear. I wear one every time and never have any trouble.

Don't worry about what your friend says you are going to find a nice mix of people most of whom have more on their minds that what your friend thinks.

Have fun

Your friend is probably right,I hope you realise that the cruise you are on is a schoolie cruise.So I suppose there will be enough drink going around you won't notice the motion. Thats why its a good price. Have a Good trip and be careful!

I'm a single traveller. Are you on the NCL Sun or Sun Princess. Either one, I suggest that you buy bonimine for the trip. Take it the night before you go and every night of the trip before bed for dea sickness. There will be a meet and greet the first night for singles at around 11:30 PM. I do not look for a bed partner but someone who enjoys what I like for shore ex. I usually meet someone who enjoys snorkling and we go on excursions with others. Dinner revolves around what you did that day or what you like to do, unless you let it go to other things. Yes, you can go to the bars and be picked-up if you want but he/she will be drinking in some cases heavily. Another way to meet other single people is to get to know the CD staff and play some of the pool games. I'm a widow but am not looking for another husband at the moment. I am not that old either. There is a lot more to cruising that what your friends says, think with your head are you will enjoy your cruise.

Actually she's booked on Pacific Sun, out of Sydney.

I'm a single traveller. Are you on the NCL Sun or Sun Princess. Either one, I suggest that you buy bonimine for the trip. Take it the night before you go and every night of the trip before bed for dea sickness. There will be a meet and greet the first night for singles at around 11:30 PM. I do not look for a bed partner but someone who enjoys what I like for shore ex. I usually meet someone who enjoys snorkling and we go on excursions with others. Dinner revolves around what you did that day or what you like to do, unless you let it go to other things. Yes, you can go to the bars and be picked-up if you want but he/she will be drinking in some cases heavily. Another way to meet other single people is to get to know the CD staff and play some of the pool games. I'm a widow but am not looking for another husband at the moment. I am not that old either. There is a lot more to cruising that what your friends says, think with your head are you will enjoy your cruise.

Realdinkydi,

The motion of the ship moving through the water is much different to a car - so you shouldn't have problems like that - particularly if it's smooth seas. Don't be put off by the thought that you 'might' get sick. Go to the chemist and get some sea sickness tablets (ask the pharmicist what they recommend), so that if you need them you've got them. Take one on the first day as precaution, and then see how you go from there.

As for your concerns about the type of people on the ship, again, don't be worried. The cruises on Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun attract a wide range of people from all age groups and walks of life. You're sure to meet up with people with similar interests to you. Not everyone on the ship will be going with the purpose of getting drunk and/or getting lucky.

Go and have fun:)

Kym

I am going with an aquaintance from work I dont know her very well, its always been a dream of mine to cruise but I feel very nervous of what it will be like and if it will get scary with rough waters and if I'll be sick.I am prone to motion sickness when travelling long distance in car.I am 33 year old female can anybody reassure me. Also my frind said that cruises were just like a floating RSL and were made for just picking up and f---ing, excuse the term. Is anybody here going on the Sun Nov 20.If interersted it is a really cheap one. 995 for twin share 9 nights. and still tickets left.

I agree with the other posters, there is always a good mix of people on board and you will have fun.

Your friend is partially right... a floting RSl, but only in the meaning that when you are inside you can barley notcie the ship moving. Dont let the sea sickness put you off. Go to the Doctors and get a prescription made up and take it with you.

If you start to feel sick take some. Dont wait till you already sick before you take it.

Enjoy your self. You will meet plenty of people.

The main thing is to relax and be yourself everyone will be friendly but dont take it the wrong way, not everyone will try and pick you up!! I'm 25 and had a couple of nights where my brother (30) and I were dancing the night away with women (28-35).

Just take it as good fun and enjoy yourself!

Cheers,

Dan

and remember you will only be picked up if you want to be picked up. (and that can include by the staff as well!!!!) Just remember to have fun, relax and enjoy, talk to anyone and everyone, guys will know if you want to be picked up or not or just be a friendly face to chat to.

I think what sets the aussies cruises apart is the atmostphere on board, Most people talk to you(you have a lot in common eg, did you see the show, did you go ashore) everyone is there for a good time.

I am married and went with my family but i chatted with poeple from all ages. Breakfast and lunch are sit where you like so you always had someone new to sit with. I wish they would do dinner like that too.

Just go with an open mind and smile at people , you will have fun

karon

Ps if you are willing to pay for my ticket, i would go with you...You are female aren't you????LOL

Archived