hotels in baltimore.

irish2005

Has anyone ever stayed at a hotel in Baltimore and got a free shuttle to the port. Where did you stay and was it worth it. thinking about trying it. Thanks in advance

Yes. Try the Best Western at 5625 O'Donnell St. They also have a park and cruise rate. We have never cruised out of Baltimore but we stay here when we cruise out of NJ and then get transportation to and from NJ.

Harbor Magic Hotel Group also does a cruise and stay package that includes a transfer to and from the pier. We've stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn many times before cruising out of Baltimore and love this hotel!

The Best Western at 5625 O'Donnell offers shuttle to port, but the hotel itself is mediocre and surrounded by cemetery and industrial warehouse. Nothing to do at night but to stay in room.

Admiral Fell Inn is in the middle of Fells Point, with plenty of restaurants, bars and hip stores. Not as busy as inner harbor, but better ambiance. Just note it is supposedly one of the most haunted hotel in Baltimore.

The BW at O'Donnell is awful....we used to stay there when hubby went to Johns Hopkins and EVERY time, there was an issue....the last time, the bathtub had soap scum in the worst way...I called housekeeping, and they came right up, took the bath mat and wet it...and wiped the tub....no cleanser, no nothing....and now, I had no bathmat! I ended up cleaning it myself.

On another occasion, the hotel had a group of kids.....late HS or college aged...don't know, but they ran up and down the halls all night...banging on doors, yelling, screaming, etc....calls to the desk went unheeded. Awful.

Plus...you have to DRIVE to get anywhere....bad location.

There are PLENTY of hotels that are not so terrible...do a "Hotels.com" search! Then, book directly thru the hotel.

Edited by cb at sea

The Best Western Elkridge worked great for us. They have the free shuttle as well.

We have stayed there many times. We book through Trinity or similar broker. Great crab cakes a mile away at Timbuktu

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I would also suggest the BW in Elkridge rather than the BW on O'Donnell Street. That is a very industrial area, and not in the best part of town. If you can swing one of the hotels nearer to the Inner Harbor or Fell's Point, those are very nice areas with loads of great restaurants nearby. Little Italy, with all its great restaurants, is a stone's throw from Fell's Point. Regarding the great crab cakes at Timbuktu in Elkridge that another poster mentioned, I think they closed. The best crab cakes on that side of town would be G&M or Olive Grove (both restaurants are on Hammonds Ferry Road.) Oh darn, now I'm craving a good Maryland crab cake! It's one of the few things we really miss since moving from Maryland last year:(:)

I would also suggest the BW in Elkridge rather than the BW on O'Donnell Street. That is a very industrial area, and not in the best part of town. If you can swing one of the hotels nearer to the Inner Harbor or Fell's Point, those are very nice areas with loads of great restaurants nearby. Little Italy, with all its great restaurants, is a stone's throw from Fell's Point. Regarding the great crab cakes at Timbuktu in Elkridge that another poster mentioned, I think they closed. The best crab cakes on that side of town would be G&M or Olive Grove (both restaurants are on Hammonds Ferry Road.) Oh darn, now I'm craving a good Maryland crab cake! It's one of the few things we really miss since moving from Maryland last year:(:)

Agree with their hotel choice. Timbuktu was still open in early June .

We come from south central PA and stay in the White Marsh area with sleep-n-cruise packages including shuttle to the port. If anyone flying in you may want to stay at a hotel close to BWI that offers a similar package.