Dawn SE Bow Forward Suite Cabin questions

CRAustin

I'm booked on the Dawn in 10500 for Nov, 3 ladies. This room is bigger with a picture window because it is right below the bridge and the bridge overhang is above you. 9002 has opened up has a very large balcony 258 vs. 135 for 10500, but cabin size is 314 vs. 378. Questions are the following:

Does anyone have any recent pictures with refurb on any of the SE suites? The cabin 10500 has a full size leather sofa (before refurb) vs. a love seat in 9002. That is what is keeping me from switching, but if they changed out the furniture and these 2 rooms now have the same sofa bed, I might switch. I'm torn over bigger balcony (may be more windy) vs. smaller cabin - larger cabin - smaller balcony (may not have sun and may be tight to get 3 out there). Also on the 9th deck with such big balconys do you have the people above you looking down at you (privacy).

Any info would be appreciated, I have searched here, youtube, google etc. No new pictures.

I'm booked on the Dawn in 10500 for Nov, 3 ladies. This room is bigger with a picture window because it is right below the bridge and the bridge overhang is above you. 9002 has opened up has a very large balcony 258 vs. 135 for 10500, but cabin size is 314 vs. 378. Questions are the following:

Does anyone have any recent pictures with refurb on any of the SE suites? The cabin 10500 has a full size leather sofa (before refurb) vs. a love seat in 9002. That is what is keeping me from switching, but if they changed out the furniture and these 2 rooms now have the same sofa bed, I might switch. I'm torn over bigger balcony (may be more windy) vs. smaller cabin - larger cabin - smaller balcony (may not have sun and may be tight to get 3 out there). Also on the 9th deck with such big balconys do you have the people above you looking down at you (privacy).

Any info would be appreciated, I have searched here, youtube, google etc. No new pictures.

I can only answer about "can we be seen".

We were in one of the DOS on Deck 12, above the Bridge.

If we were standing in front of our windows (which we did, due to amazing views), we could see people on the balconies on Decks 9 and 10, but only at the very front of their balconies.

Also, mostly what we'd see were the backs and backs of heads, and that wasn't ever interesting enough to bother to watch.

You'd be able to check where you are visible, by stepping onto the balcony and looking up behind you.

If you can see the glass of the Bridge, or the suites above, then they can see you. IF they are bothering to look.

If you are just standing around or sitting and talking, our experience was that we had no interest in "looking", other than at the very beginning, when we simply noticed there were some people there (backs of heads - not even recognizable).

We were looking forward to the OS, which are the outer suites on each of those decks, so obviously we didn't think it would bother us one bit.

Personally I would stay with 10500 since you have three adults in the cabin. I think you'll appreciate the extra space. My wife and I have stayed in 10000 which is the same as 10500. Yes the balcony is a little smaller but we liked the extra space inside. It's a great cabin.

Personally I would stay with 10500 since you have three adults in the cabin. I think you'll appreciate the extra space. My wife and I have stayed in 10000 which is the same as 10500. Yes the balcony is a little smaller but we liked the extra space inside. It's a great cabin.

Thanks for the feedback, the cabin window (looks like a bay window) makes the room look so much brighter and bigger. I'm concerned they might have removed the larger couch. Maybe someone will post pictures soon.

We actually like the bigger balcony on the lower deck. At the rail, you can chat with neighbors. A few steps back, you have tall walls. We chatted daily with the folks on the 10th floor balcony above. If you want privacy, you can sit under the 10th floor overhang.

We are actually in 10000 in September.

Edited by BirdTravels

We actually like the bigger balcony on the lower deck. At the rail, you can chat with neighbors. A few steps back, you have tall walls. We chatted daily with the folks on the 10th floor balcony above. If you want privacy, you can sit under the 10th floor overhang.

We are actually in 10000 in September.

Thanks so I guess the decision to go with 10 was, that was your option? When you were on 9 did that pull out sleep one or two? Can't understand how they say deck 9 sleeps 4 per cabin.

I was just researching this same question but the SE is just for my wife and I. We decided on 10500 but was debating on 9000 or 9500. My wife wants a little shade and it appears that 10500 and 10000 offers this. It still looks like there is plenty of room on the balcony of 10500 for two loungers. Also, we are cruising in the summer so the extra inside air conditioned space may be a good idea.

I was just researching this same question but the SE is just for my wife and I. We decided on 10500 but was debating on 9000 or 9500. My wife wants a little shade and it appears that 10500 and 10000 offers this. It still looks like there is plenty of room on the balcony of 10500 for two loungers. Also, we are cruising in the summer so the extra inside air conditioned space may be a good idea.

Your assessment is correct. The balcony is big enough for two loungers and there is some extra shade depending on the direction of the sun. I love big balconies but do like the extra space inside if the weather is crumby. We have always gone deck 10 and either 10000 or 10500.

Happy sailing!

Your assessment is correct. The balcony is big enough for two loungers and there is some extra shade depending on the direction of the sun. I love big balconies but do like the extra space inside if the weather is crumby. We have always gone deck 10 and either 10000 or 10500.

Happy sailing!

Thank you for the info. Since you have been in the suite you would know:D. I think we will be very happy in this suite.