Dining and Marina Questions

I have a couple questions for a pg cruise we have booked.

1) Is there a way to make dining reservations beforehand and are there any recommendations for certain restaurants on specific nights? (11 night cook & society route)

2) Can snorkel equipment be checked out of the marina on port days or do we need to bring our own (or do you recommend bringing your own because of sanitation)?

Thanks for your help!

You check out the snorkeling equipment on the first day and keep it for the duration of the trip. So it's "yours", and you can certainly wash or sanitize the snorkel if you're worried. I have my own mask and snorkel, but my husband always uses the ship's, and their fins are fine too.

No, you can't book the specialties in advance. You can talk to the maitre'd when you board, and also shuffle your bookings as the trip goes on. If you get bookings early in the trip, and like a venue, then you can try to get a second booking.

Le Grill, which is open-air is best done when anchored or docked in the evening, not at sea. Unless it's very hot and humid, in which case I would just give it a miss. This will depend on the time of year you're on board.

Always bring our own mask and snorkel plus an extra. However, we always check out forvthrcduration of the trip the fins, saves on weight.

La Veranda is best when it isn't a special night in the regular dining restaurant. The Grill is best in port as Patti stated.

As mentioned be early on board and book your nights. You don't need to be first but be in the first 50

Just off the top of my head (and good old google), Civi-Rome, I see:

Rafaello's Limo service: minivan, 3-6 people, 159€

Romelimousines.com: up to 6 people, 165€, 5 people 155€

Civitavecchiashuttleservices.com: 5 people 125€, 6 135€

Rominlimos: no prices, need to get a quote

If anyone has the sequence of menus for the cook & society route that would be great. I am not sure if it is the same as the 7-day cruise menus which are posted + 4 more menus or if they use a different cycle entirely. I am asking this specifically for planning purposes of when we might want to do the specialty restaurants.

If anyone has the sequence of menus for the cook & society route that would be great. I am not sure if it is the same as the 7-day cruise menus which are posted + 4 more menus or if they use a different cycle entirely. I am asking this specifically for planning purposes of when we might want to do the specialty restaurants.

Most high-end restaurants, especially on ships, base part of their menu on what was available in the local markets. Most have some items that are always available, and there are cycles of these on ships. But expect variations depending on what the chef found in the last couple of ports.

As mentioned be early on board and book your nights. You don't need to be first but be in the first 50

Aww yes I can see the line and rush now :-) Lets keep this a secret tho.......

Question : I am sure it has been answered somewhere here but : Room service is available from any restaurant on the ship?

We are not fans of lines so we will just take our meal anywhere they want to serve us = you won't see us in the line of 50 ;-)

Aww yes I can see the line and rush now :-) Lets keep this a secret tho.......

Question : I am sure it has been answered somewhere here but : Room service is available from any restaurant on the ship?

We are not fans of lines so we will just take our meal anywhere they want to serve us = you won't see us in the line of 50 ;-)

There are no lines to book reservations! Maybe 2 or 3 people. Not sure that you can get room service from the specialties, not something that we do. Remember, the cabins are small.

Have to say that the best meals we had were in L'Etoile! We tried both the other restaurants and neither stood out for us so we didn't try to get any other bookings. I'm not sure whether we will even try them this time. The choice in L'Etoile kept us more than happy and we always enjoyed our dinner there. :)

Once on one our cruises when I was feeling ill and unable to go out for dining, I was able to get the main dining room menu for room service.

Oh and by the way, room service sometimes has different items available than in other eating venues. They had wonderful cookies not available elsewhere. Just pick up the phone and ask room service for what you desire.

We once invited 2 other couples to our balcony cabin for chat and we ordered wine and cheese and crackers for all from room service. They won't deliver to you a bottle of wine just glasses of wine from room service.

Oh, and full disclosure. Sometimes there is a bit of a line to get into L'Etoile, especially if it's the time when everyone wants to eat. But last trip they had started taking your name so you could go have a drink in the nearby Piano Bar until your table was ready.

.... I was able to get the main dining room menu for room service.

Oh and by the way, room service sometimes has different items available than in other eating venues. They had wonderful cookies not available elsewhere. Just pick up the phone and ask room service for what you desire...

Sounds great!