Carnival Magic Traveling with 17 and 18 yr old

arminnix1

We will have 2 families - 1 boy 17 yrs old and 1 girl 18 yrs old. I'm worried they're not going to be able to hang together and I know they won't want to do things separately. Will the (very mature looking) 17 yr old be able to enter any of the clubs with us parents and the 18 yr old??? I'm so worried it's really upsetting me and my excitement I usually have before cruising!!! Anybody have experience with similar situation??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They can certainly "hang" together....not in the clubs, but older teens don't really utilize the clubs like younger kids do!

Any kid can go anywhere with parents....even young kids can go to the bars, etc....the dance club is "adult" only after a certain time..

No worries...they can be together as much as they want!

We will have 2 families - 1 boy 17 yrs old and 1 girl 18 yrs old. I'm worried they're not going to be able to hang together and I know they won't want to do things separately. Will the (very mature looking) 17 yr old be able to enter any of the clubs with us parents and the 18 yr old??? once the venue goes adult only.. NO. during the day is fine I'm so worried it's really upsetting me and my excitement I usually have before cruising!!! Anybody have experience with similar situation??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

likewise the 18 YO cannot attend any teen activity.

that leaves the rest of the ship that they can hang out together

with very rare exceptions the 17 you can participate in any open activity on board.

Security makes all under 18 leave the disco every night but all the other lounges are open to all ages until they close. I have seen 5 year olds 'dancing' at midnight in dance lounges! The kid's club' ends at 17 but at that age those kids usually do their own thing, not planned activities. Kids that age find each other so don't worry, they will have a ball!

As said The under 18 won't be allowed in the disco after a certain time nor can he gamble.

Technically he wouldn't be allowed into the adult comedy but I've never seen them check ID for that.

Conversely, the 18yo won't be allowed into Club O2 but kids that age meet up all over the ship and walk around in packs.

Edited by SadieN