Boarding the Epic on Sunday in Barcelona

don1976

He probably thought you wanted to go to the "Port Olímpic", which is a major landmark and tourist area in Barcelona (about 4-5 miles away from where you needed to go).

I don't think you can count on taxi drivers knowing all the cruise ships that stop in Barcelona by name. And if you just say "Epic", how are they supposed to know that's the name of a ship? They are expecting you to tell them the name of a place to drive to. The phrase to say in this situation is "Moll Adossat" (Catalan) or "Muelle Adosado" (Spanish). That is the name of the pier where the Epic berths, and the driver will know where that is, even if they have never heard of the Epic. And once you get there, you can point at the ship and it will be clear which terminal you need (or you can stop and get instructions from the security checkpoint at the entrance to the pier).

I bet you're right!

I did say Norwegian Epic, Cruise Port and probably a couple other things. My docs were in my bag and ultimately I showed him those. I still think the basic problem was I didn't speak his language and he didn't speak mine.

"Puerto" and "aeropuerto" sound similar in spanish.

Try saying "el crusero" instead.

Sometimes the smaller ships dock closer in, kind of by the aquarium, but the Epic will be at the main cruise port.