Fantasia....what is this cruise and ship like??

Kelownabccan

Anyone done the cruise ....Genoa to Genoa.....7 days ...and includes La Spezia for a day and half....Thinking of this one for mid October as will still be fairly warm....

And....opinions of the ship????.....

we know what MSC is like so no need for comments on the line for us......as have sailed on them a few times

Ken ... Will be like Divina lol, not been to LA Spezia but its not to far from Venice.

La Spezia is over 150 miles, as the crow flies, from Venice.

it on the other coast (west) to Venice (east).

la%20spezia%20vnice.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I guess one of yu need a geography lesson...lol.....

been to Venice too many time now....Judy want to see more of the north/west coast of Italy and the five little towns Cinque terra which is really close to La Spezia and go back to Florence....this cruise hits some places we have not been to yet.....Ken

we are going on exactly that cruise in 3 weeks. the ports of call seem intriguing, the ship is supposed to be beautiful (we loved the divina's layout so it should be), also we got suitable flights this time. We are looking forward to it and will (if you are still interested then) gladly report!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Florence and Pisa are an absolute must. We did a tour with a private company to both from La Spezia. It was one of the best days we've had on an excursion. We haven't done Cinque Terre. I read somewhere recently that the area is struggling with the vast numbers of tourists, though it may not be so bad in October.

As was said, Fantasia is very similar in layout to Divina, just a little smaller with less cabins. It was our first MSC ship and DH's favourite.

Edited by Beamafar

Pete ... That is what you get for posting while looking through beer glasses.

Ken ... Sorry about that one.

We did Pisa on our own by train but from Livorno, the climb up the tower was fun, Florence we did on a ship tour.

........That is what you get for posting while looking through beer glasses.

Was a little surprised at the gaff, Dave, and I'd a feeling that was a factor but good manners prevented me from suggesting such :D ;)

Anyone done the cruise ....Genoa to Genoa.....7 days ...and includes La Spezia for a day and half....Thinking of this one for mid October as will still be fairly warm....

And....opinions of the ship????.....

we know what MSC is like so no need for comments on the line for us......as have sailed on them a few times

I love this ship and my favorite place to chill was ' La Cantina Toscana'. I'd sail the Fantasia again in a heartbeat.

Weren't those suppose to be "pint glasses"....lol

Price is not too bad at $809 US plus tax for lowest cat balcony....but still lots of time to look yet....

Air...is ridiculously cheap for some reason on some Oct days......we can fly one way from Kelowna to London Gatwick for sum of $242 Can with all tax per person....13 hrs.......so that is why thinking about this fast trip over...can hardly fly to Vancouver or Calgary for that........for all you Brits....142 pounds....

Ken

we are going on exactly that cruise in 3 weeks. the ports of call seem intriguing, the ship is supposed to be beautiful (we loved the divina's layout so it should be), also we got suitable flights this time. We are looking forward to it and will (if you are still interested then) gladly report!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well be interested to see how things work out and what you did...Ken