How long is Water Taxi Transfer

PelicanLvr

Staying in Venice after our Celebrity Constellation Cruise in October.

How long is a water taxi transfer from a St. Mark's area Hotel to the Airport? How much before our flight should we leave?

Thanks.

Private water taxi was around 150 Euros and it only took us 30 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel. If I remember it correctly, they picked us up at 4:00am for a 6:00am flight out of Venice. Ask your hotel to pack breakfast for you so you have something to munch on while waiting at the airport!

Alilaguna water taxi took around an hour and a half from the airport to the hotel. I wouldn't recommend it especially if you're catching a flight!

We have pre-booked from airport to hotel at 100e during the afternoon in a few weeks time.

There is a 5-10 minute walk from the dock to depatures.

Alilaguna is slower but much cheaper. We are not staying close to San Marco so it is not a good option for us with luggage.

There are porter services that can help with luggage if you take that option.

my experiences at Marco Polo lead me to suggest .... arrive 2 1/2 hrs prior to departure. The ticket counters don't open until 2 hrs prior but there is only 1 employee so the line takes forever. If you're at the end of the line, you may find yourself running all the way to the gate ... not a nice end to a vacation.

The water taxi will take about 30 minutes, plus a 5-8 minute walk from the pier to the terminal.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis.htm

• 2 weeks later...

We used the alilaguna service from St marks to Marco Polo airport in June. Very efficient. 15 euros each for the approx 50 min journey then a 10 min walk to the airport. Be warned, check in does not open until 2 hrs before departure and it's strictly enforced so no point in turning up early. Your hotel will have a timetable of the alilaguna service and you can pay on board.