Has your sailing itinerary changed?

gordylad

Post here and keep us up to date.

Thanks

The itinerary for every Celebrity cruise we have ever taken and for the cruise we are to take next have all changed from that when we originally booked. The worst was our 2013 TA for which only the embarkation and disembarkation port was that on the original itinerary. Every other port changed. It looked like our 2014 TA was going to follow the original itinerary but we boarded to find that a storm in the Atlantic had forced a last minute change of route.

Edited by Project_gal

7nts became 11 nts on the Connie in 3 weeks time!!! Happy days, great itinerary change :)

Agree :). I don't care if X change it again from Kusadasi to Rhodes, Crete etc., but it will be a shame for those who were looking forward to visiting Ephesus (it's a fabulous experience). From the sound of our roll call though, everyone will just take it in their stride and enjoy being on a cruise :).

:mad: To say that we are annoyed when the Equinox was redeployed and our cruise was cancelled, is putting it mildly!! We liked the itinerary for the Equinox T/A and Celebrity's remaining Spring 2017 T/A's did not entice us at all. We are booking another Caribbean cruise in May on our favorite ship, in the same stateroom that we would have had! We had considered jumping cruise lines, but we are still pretty loyal for the time being. We lost a perk or 2 from our cancelled sailing, perks that were issued while booking on-board another X cruise.

On other previous X cruises we have only encountered a couple changes to the itineraries during the past 15 X cruises. These changes were due to "weather" which is not uncommon during the Summer and Falls months in the Caribbean. We would rather be safe than sorry!

it seems like these are all lessons in resiliency; when My Portugal port was canceled the day before, it wasn't Celebrity's fault at all. The dock workers went on strike, thus keeping us from Lisbon. I didn't like it at all, but most people on board wee very happy, so I went with the flow and new port. What else can you do? Life is full of disappointments, along with cherished moment too!:)

I love Europe and will continue to travel there until I personally feel that it is truly unsafe for me...Lisa said in her message that this change in the Equinox would be good for the "affluent." I don't consider myself that way at all; I would never return to the Caribbean in the hot and humid summer, but then i am a lot older now, spent lots of time in Florida, and can cruise when I like. I say to those who want to cruise that time of year to "go for it!"

Edited by Lastdance