Boarding time

Khloella

Can anyone tell me the latest time you can board a Norwegien cruise out of Seattle? My MIL and her friend flew out yesterday to get on the ship today and after numerous delays they still aren't to Seattle. It's ridiculous. They were supposed to be there last night and had a hotel booked in Seattle. Anyway, we're trying to figure out if they will be able to board or not. Their flight arrives at 2:23, so I'm thinking it's unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does not give me a time.

It says that they need to be onboard one hour before departure if they have done online check in, or two hour before if they haven't.

I'd assume that your friends are more likely than us to know what time departure is and whether they have checked in online.

Edited by KeithJenner

I've already googled and found this information, so this is not helpful. I wanted to know what time the ship sailed. They are not sure the time because they planned to be there much earlier than this. I would really appreciate it if anyone is able to give me a time that it sails or has personal experience with arriving so late.

It's on the NCL website. 4pm. It will also be on their cruise summary online, and probably in their eDocs.

You can find the departure times for any port in the online itinerary. They are subject to change.

It's also helpful to note the actual ship, since there may be more than one ship in port.

Edited by xriva

It's on the NCL website. 4pm. It will also be on their cruise summary online, and probably in their eDocs.

You can find the departure times for any port in the online itinerary. They are subject to change.

It's also helpful to note the actual ship, since there may be more than one ship in port.

Thank you so much! I figured it would be in their documents, but their flight took off and we weren't able to tell them to look there beforehand. I'm a little worried about them at this point. My husband had to book the flight for them because they struggle at things like that, so I'm hoping they can actually make it.

If possible...have them call the ship....I don't know if that would help, since it appears they would need to be onboard by 2:30pm.....

I hope they have insurance, just in case!!

Yes, we told them to call, but their flight took off, so I'm not sure how much good it will do by the time they land. I'm thinking it will be impossible to be boarded in time. It's really frustrating when they did it right by trying to fly in the day before.

I've already googled and found this information, so this is not helpful.

I'm sure all the other unhelpful people would like to join me in apologising for wasting your time (as well as our own).

Sometimes it's a puzzle to work out why we bother.

You can call the ship for them. The point is to have the ship know that they are late but on the way. I don't know how far it is from SeaTac to the port, but assuming their flight is early (a United flight from Houston lands at 2:23pm but is showing 1:46pm), it's a possibility. I think having the ship notified is the critical point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm sure all the other unhelpful people would like to join me in apologising for wasting your time (as well as our own).

Sometimes it's a puzzle to work out why we bother.

If she knew what time the ship left I wouldn't have asked the question. When someone sent me the FAQs and I said I would like to know the actual time and not just 1 hour before, it wasn't helpful for you to state exactly what the FAQs said again and then tell me my MIL should already know. That was pretty rude and like I said earlier not helpful. You could have kept scrolling.

You can call the ship for them. The point is to have the ship know that they are late but on the way. I don't know how far it is from SeaTac to the port, but assuming their flight is early (a United flight from Houston lands at 2:23pm but is showing 1:46pm), it's a possibility. I think having the ship notified is the critical point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks! We will work on this then. The airport is 16 miles from the cruise terminal, so the flight would definitely have to be early for it to work out.

That was pretty rude and like I said earlier not helpful.

You wouldn't believe how rude I would like to be relight how, but it would probably end up with me being banned from this forum, which would do no good for all those people that we help all the time on here.

You may not like my answer, which was given in foot faith, but your attitude really isn't helpful for the good running of a forum where lots of people take time out to help others.

As I said, sometimes it makes me wonder why we bother.

I just can't describe just how angry I am right now.

You wouldn't believe how rude I would like to be relight how, but it would probably end up with me being banned from this forum, which would do no good for all those people that we help all the time on here.

You may not like my answer, which was given in foot faith, but your attitude really isn't helpful for the good running of a forum where lots of people take time out to help others.

As I said, sometimes it makes me wonder why we bother.

I just can't describe just how angry I am right now.

I understand that you help others, but your answer that my MIL should already know the answer to my question was not helpful to me. That kind of response doesn't encourage people to ask questions here or help the good running of the forum either. Also, if you're so angry by being called out that you want to say things that will get you banned maybe you should take a moment to assess if you should attend anger management therapy. That is really extreme.

It's time I left I think. I've got far better things to be doing with my time than get involved in some petty "you must need anger management" garbage. The evidence of this thread is that I'm managing my anger quite well thanks, despite the provocation.

Getting involved in that sort of thing really would be quite rude. I'll leave it to you.

Edited by KeithJenner

It's time I left I think. I've got far better things to be doing with my time than get involved in some petty "you must need anger management" garbage. The evidence of this thread is that I'm managing my anger quite well thanks, despite the provocation.

Getting involved in that sort of thing really would be quite rude. I'll leave it to you.

Bye

Ah, don't let it bother you Keith. You are a nice guy and very helpful to lots of people on the forum. The O.P. is just being a (insert word that would get me in trouble with the mods). ;)

I'm also needing "anger management" classes just reading her response to you!!

Ah, don't let it bother you Keith. You are a nice guy and very helpful to lots of people on the forum. The O.P. is just being a (insert word that would get me in trouble with the mods). ;)

Agreed. Keith is probably one of most polite and patient posters on this forum who consistently thanks others for reporting on their trips. When I see his name pop up I know it can be counted on for a thoughtful post.

Hopefully you have contacted NCL to notify them of your mothers situation. Does she have checked luggage? Figure that will take some time to collect. A quick check of wsdot traffic estimates current travel time at 18 minutes from seatac to downtown. She will probably do best to take a taxi cab vs walking to the lite rail and the 30 min trip plus then still needing to get to ship. Keep an eye on her flight arrival, and have her hustle to ship. I'm thinking she might just make it. Also keep an eye on traffic. It can change quickly. If something happens and I-5 stalls then the lite rail will get her there quicker. Good luck.

I usually sit back and read the numerous posts on these boards. I often find loads of helpful information since I am a "virgin" cruiser. The OP was getting the answers she asked for but yet it wasn't good enough. I was shouting at the computer screen " call NCL yourself than if the answers you see are not good enough for you. " WOW she was just being plain ole rude. I don't understand why people get all pissy when someone is genuinely trying to help! Just my two cents worth .. and back I go to lurking!!

If she knew what time the ship left I wouldn't have asked the question. When someone sent me the FAQs and I said I would like to know the actual time and not just 1 hour before, it wasn't helpful for you to state exactly what the FAQs said again and then tell me my MIL should already know. That was pretty rude and like I said earlier not helpful. You could have kept scrolling.

I know you are stressed right now. But maybe you should take a step back and re-read your original post. You didn't include the name of the ship. You didn't mention that you were able to find the basic information on the NCL website but that you needed an exact time. You apparently, in your stress, assumed by saying "what time" that others reading your post would know that you found the information about check-in/arrival times but had been unable to get the necessary details from your MIL. Considering without a ship name it might have been impossible to answer your specific question (if more than one NCL ship was in port), it really doesn't make sense to react in an angry or rude manner to someone trying to help you. It would have made more sense if you had said "I guess I was too rushed to explain the whole situation. I found that info but here's why I asked for a specific time. . ."

Edited by gluecksbaer

I know you are stressed right now. But maybe you should take a step back and re-read your original post. You didn't include the name of the ship. You didn't mention that you were able to find the basic information on the NCL website but that you needed an exact time. You apparently, in your stress, assumed by saying "what time" that others reading your post would know that you found the information about check-in/arrival times but had been unable to get the necessary details from your MIL. Considering without a ship name it might have been impossible to answer your specific question (if more than one NCL ship was in port), it really doesn't make sense to react in an angry or rude manner to someone trying to help you. It would have made more sense if you had said "I guess I was too rushed to explain the whole situation. I found that info but here's why I asked for a specific time. . ."

If you go back, I was actually reacting to a rude comment in that quote. I explained that the FAQs weren't helpful and why and was treated in a rude manner in response. That's why I said what I said.