Children in the Diamond Lounge?

The problem is letting children in a cocktail party for drinking adults over 21 years old.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

So if the adults don't drink, then what? And what about the 18 to 20 year olds, aren't they adults? (Just kidding, my allergies are bothering me, so I'm trying to have a little fun - I know, very little. But, its a start. Still hoping someone will asks how to tell if it a tender port or not.).

So if the adults don't drink, then what? And what about the 18 to 20 year olds, aren't they adults? (Just kidding, my allergies are bothering me, so I'm trying to have a little fun - I know, very little. But, its a start. Still hoping someone will asks how to tell if it a tender port or not.).

You are allowed to drink at 18 in the UK but have to be 21 on RC.

The waiters are that good topping our drinks up i think we all have a good drink.

I have a couple of thoughts on this....

1. Its not appropriate to call people's children "snowflakes"...these children are no different than yours, mine or yourself at that age. That "snowflake" comment is going somewhere else. :(

2. It is not the responsibility for Royal Caribbean to tell you or your child to leave because of behavior. They also have no obligation to have Adventure Ocean operating when that is their time to be closed. If you brought your child on vacation, then you are now no longer able to do certain things. They made it so that you don't have to be in the DL to have your free drinks...go somewhere else.

And so do I.

It's really not the children that are the problem...it's the parents that don't parent that are the real problem. Though IMHO a cocktail lounge is not what I would think a child is yearning for on a vacation, nor it is really the best place for them to be during adult cocktail lounge time. I don't see them in hotel/resort cocktail lounges either.

Agree they need to open Adventure Ocean during that time, which I would think would help a lot.

It depends on the cocktail lounge. Have you ever been to the top of five in Los Angeles. It is a family friendly cocktail lounge in Los Angeles. Used to take kids there every so often (one of them is a bank manager now, so that gives you a hint as to how long ago that was). The kids could order any drink they wanted, they just wouldn't get any alcohol. So what is the big attraction? The lounge spins at one revolution per hour. Great view from 350 feet up. The kids get to pretend they are drinking adults. But no cartwheels.

I have a couple of thoughts on this....

1. Its not appropriate to call people's children "snowflakes"...these children are no different than yours, mine or yourself at that age. That "snowflake" comment is going somewhere else. :(

2. It is not the responsibility for Royal Caribbean to tell you or your child to leave because of behavior. They also have no obligation to have Adventure Ocean operating when that is their time to be closed. If you brought your child on vacation, then you are now no longer able to do certain things. They made it so that you don't have to be in the DL to have your free drinks...go somewhere else.

I didn't realize "snowflake" had an evil meaning. I thought it was a term of endearment, like peanut, or little man, or little one ...

As to Royal Caribbean responsibility, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

You are legally allowed to drink alcohol at 18 in the UK but RC say you have to be 21 to drink alcohol on board.

That is because Royal Caribbean is based in the US and most of its passengers are from the US. However, I believe that cruises that begin and end in Europe lower the drinking age to eighteen.

Unless Equifax sold you out!! :eek::eek:

We got an email and a call from Discover last night. Our credit card was hacked, only by $1 but that is how they start to see if the charge is undetected. Problem is we used the card before and after the $1. charge on the East coast making it impossible to buy a newspaper in California at that time. Good catch Discover!!

That is because Royal Caribbean is based in the US and most of its passengers are from the US. However, I believe that cruises that begin and end in Europe lower the drinking age to eighteen.

At 60 legal age for drinking alcohol is a distant memory for me but i would expect in Europe where the bulk of their passengers live RC would follow local European laws on alcohol.

It depends on the cocktail lounge. Have you ever been to the top of five in Los Angeles. It is a family friendly cocktail lounge in Los Angeles. Used to take kids there every so often (one of them is a bank manager now, so that gives you a hint as to how long ago that was). The kids could order any drink they wanted, they just wouldn't get any alcohol. So what is the big attraction? The lounge spins at one revolution per hour. Great view from 350 feet up. The kids get to pretend they are drinking adults. But no cartwheels.

Sounds like a nice place..never been there.

I always love watching the children have fun in biker bars also. :cool:;)

From the red faces and panting of the crew members and the way they walk afterwards like a pretzel.

Maybe it is the drink glasses and the drinks in the glasses that are heavy. The trays are made out of plastic, so I don't think that they are that heavy. As to walking like a pretzel, if I saw a walking pretzel, I would not eat it.

We got an email and a call from Discover last night. Our credit card was hacked, only by $1 but that is how they start to see if the charge is undetected. Problem is we used the card before and after the $1. charge on the East coast making it impossible to buy a newspaper in California at that time. Good catch Discover!!

Yeah, I am on my fourth Visa card (same account, different number). Not the card stolen, but just the number online. Some came

in with that 1.00 "test" charge.

Each time they reversed the charge, and sent me new cards (overnight express). And I am sooooo careful about

my purchases. I give a lot of credit to Chase Visa...they are on top of it so far fortunately.

If it can be done...they will do it. No one is safe. Not a matter of if...but when.

Edited by island lady

http://www.thebonaventure.com/bona-vista-lounge

Here is the full 360 degree view - in only nine minutes ...

There it is in the center of the picture ...

editgettyimages-1833198.jpg?w=628

Sweeet!! Thanks for posting. Indeed looks like a great place!

We also enjoyed that revolving bar at the Hyatt Regency (but the "oldsters" just called it Pier 66) above the port at Port Everglades. Nice view of the ships sailaway. :)