Which hotel?

strawbs1

Which would you recommend for just a one-night stay before a cruise: El Convento, Cervantes or somewhere else. I've visited El Convento several times but I've never stayed there. Cervantes claims to be walking distance from the pier. Again, only one night's stay.

• 8 months later...

we will be there next week, my girlfriend stayed there last month and had some mixed feelings regarding this property, for pre and post cruise the value waa good, she did say there was a strong sewer odor, we are hoping it was a one time incident. We will be on the 10 day cruise, we will not be back until April 8th.

Which would you recommend for just a one-night stay before a cruise: El Convento, Cervantes or somewhere else. I've visited El Convento several times but I've never stayed there. Cervantes claims to be walking distance from the pier. Again, only one night's stay.

My personal choice would be El C, but at a lower price point consider CasaBlanca, nice rooftop bar and close to good restaurants

I don't think you can get any closer to the port than the Sheraton, which is right across the street from the port. No need to hire a taxi or anything to get to the port (saving $$). It's located in a great place that you can walk to just about anywhere in OSJ, including food and seeing the sites. They have a pool on the rooftop, which is a fabulous place to hang out at and you can see the port from there. They also have a restaurant, located up on one of the floors, with an open terrace, looking over the streets and water. We enjoyed it.

We had a corner room that had both a living room and a bedroom.

P8213396-L.jpg

It had a small terrace that you could see the ship in port as well.

P8213414-L.jpg

This was our view from the bedroom (from one of the windows...there were 2 facing different directions).

P8213417-M.jpg

Pool on the roof top was open at the top and the windows, but had walls.

P8213513%20copy-M.jpg

Restaurant terrace outside

P8213580%20copy-M.jpg

If you can get the price the sheraton is a great choice! El Convento must be great but when i checked pricy.

I stayed in SJ suites, inexpensive at the time, another one is Casa Blanca right on Fortaleza.

What cruise line as many use the Pan Am pier and not the pier in OSJ? Our cruise leaves out of the Pan Am pier so we chose the Hyatt House based on reviews from TA.

What cruise line as many use the Pan Am pier and not the pier in OSJ? Our cruise leaves out of the Pan Am pier so we chose the Hyatt House based on reviews from TA.

I know RCCL and Celebrity use the Pan Am port. The only time I used the OSJ port was when we were just visiting for the day