Noise on Eclipse

billydog

Just back from great Baltic cruise on the Eclipse.

Each evening there was a rock pop band playing in the atrium. They were mediocre at best. There was little interest in them with usually no one or only one or two people on the dance floor. They were fine for whoever wanted to listen to them or to dance. However the difficulty was that their sound filled the whole atrium up to the top. Therefore it was not possible to have a quiet game of cards in the games room or quietness in the library to enjoy a book. As well as the volume the sound is distorted at higher levels in the atrium. The sound spread into Cafe Bachio (?), and the martini bar which are both lovely venues to meet people and chat. I really cannot understand how Celebrity can allow such a beautiful area as the atrium be filled with noise when most people want to enjoy a chat and a drink or a coffee or a game or a book.

Also on the music aspect there is dreadful muzak piped throughout various areas. Celebrity does not appear to be prepared to pay the licence fee for quality music from established artists so is using some dreadful background computer generated music.

Both of these issues lead me to spend much of my evenings, after dinner in my cabin.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same and is it common practice on the Eclipses' sister ships.

Like they say you can not please every one. Pipe music, computer style , don't think so. Some of the music they do play can be not to one's liking, and that I can agree.

Did you know at the MDR they play music, you just no longer can hear it over the loudness of the guests

Like they say you can not please every one. Pipe music, computer style , don't think so. Some of the music they do play can be not to one's liking, and that I can agree.

Did you know at the MDR they play music, you just no longer can hear it over the loudness of the guests

One of the reasons we love Blu so much. You can hear yourself think, your companion speak, and carry on a normal level conversation with the tables next to you.

Carol

One of the reasons we love Blu so much. You can hear yourself think, your companion speak, and carry on a normal level conversation with the tables next to you.

Carol

You can never get away from the real noise , unless its in your State room cabin, Dinner on the Balcony. (smiles)