Mike sails the Western Caribbean on the Allure!!!

traveling with an 18 year old , so no AO and no bars what can he do? He is not an outgoing personality type. love your review

He can do anything an adult can do except drink alcohol.

Monday, July 11 - Sea day

DSC00217_zpsmq2ya7wj.jpg

Not too much went on today. When I got up and showered this morning, nothing for breakfast was crowded, so I went to the Windjammer. That didn't go so well though.

Rice - I couldn't help it.

Bacon - I think I grabbed a bit too much.

Sausage - I'd stick to the pork sausage, because the turkey sausage was like Jell-O. :confused:

Hashbrowns - they were more like tots, but were acceptable

Boiled eggs - since when are boiled eggs served HOT?!

This cannot be eaten! :mad:

DSC00198_zps0mo0icbm.jpg

The bananas there also looked like they were going to rot, so I went down to the Park Café in Central Park to grab one. They definitely looked ripe, but maybe I shouldn't have had it, because it probably wasn't ripe enough.

Then I went down to the donut area on the boardwalk. The Oasis used to have this, but it was replaced by a hot dog stand.

Left: a donut of disappointment.

Right: I accidentally squashed this one while grabbing it with the tongs.

DSC00206_zpsfwfzg1md.jpg

I don't really like donuts anyway.

I spent my day going around the ship, went swimming as well, and managed to have 6 ice cream cones from the self-serve machines. Two or three of them were from just attempting to get them on video.

Like I said before, I'm not going to extensively tour the Allure, because it's pretty much the same as the Oasis. If you want a tour of that, check out my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248578

Later in the afternoon, my Dad and I went down to watch the wake of the ship from deck 5.

DSC00211_zps1oe7aaem.jpg

A Carnival ship was behind us, presumably headed to Cozumel with us.

Edited by unseemlygamer

I went to the Captain's welcome aboard reception tonight. It was formal night, but we decided not to bring formal attire this cruise.

IMG_2150_zpsokyhtyi8.jpg

FullSizeRender-2_zpsmjv1sqml.jpg

Afterwards, I went for a night swim, and I never really do that on cruises.

But guess what? The. Water. Was. Still. Too. Warm. :confused:

So not too much went on today, but tomorrow we are in Cozumel, where we will be seeing the Mayan ruins of San Gervasio, and then stopping at Punta Morena. Stay tuned!

Video for today:

Tuesday, July 12 - Cozumel, Mexico

IMG_2152_zps7w1eyfjf.jpg

Mom and I had an excursion set to depart at 9am. By the time I was up and ready, I was starving, so I rushed down to grab some breakfast from the Windjammer and brought it up to the suite.

About 15 minutes before our excursion was set to depart, we went down to the pier and waited for our tour guide, Miguel. At this time in the morning, I actually didn't think it was too hot out. To me it felt like 75 degrees, but to others it felt like 80 to 85, and the sun was definitely strong. I live in Pennsylvania, and we've had quite a few 90+ degree days up here so far this summer, but it goes down to like 60 to 65 degrees overnight. And don't even get me started on winter.

There must've been people still getting ready, because Miguel arrived 15 minutes late.

We boarded a bus that went 25 to 30 minutes from the port to our first stop - the ruins of San Gervasio.

IMG_2164_zpszslyucku.jpg

Since I'm vlogging, I had to pay a $5 fee to take video. I still have the sticker "Pagado" on my camera, but that's fading away.

By now, it was hot out. Mom and I each purchased a water bottle, but I thought the water tasted kind of strange.

So let's check out the ruins, shall we?

DSC00241_zpsvluauofz.jpg

IMG_2170_zps1xn3nptj.jpg

DSC00242_zps2eojngqy.jpg

DSC00244_zps5jmrrhep.jpg

DSC00248_zpsf5g2yddl.jpg

This wasn't a well.

DSC00250_zpszmvsyaya.jpg

DSC00253_zpslvwrkyoz.jpg

IMG_2163_zpsljqb52jx.jpg

We toured the ruins for a half hour at most. Cozumel is on Eastern Standard Time (same as Central time). Miguel follows local time, and he ordered us back on the bus by 10:30 (11:30 ship's time).

Our next stop was Punta Morena, a beach club where we had an hour and a half to ourselves. I spent much of my time on this spectacular beach.

GOPR0573_zpscoa4lc10.jpg

GOPR0574_zpsrcjce4bw.jpg

GOPR0575_zpsqdi6lljn.jpg

GOPR0576_zpsurkkmtk4.jpg

GOPR0577_zps8yzhxhn2.jpg

GOPR0582_zpscwwgcfm1.jpg

No, I didn't drink any tequila or Coronas. Even where I'm old enough, and when I'm old enough here in the States, there's no way you're gettin' me to drink any alcohol.

We left the beach club just in time before a thunderstorm approached. Miguel took us back to the port by driving around the island, but since it was raining, I didn't want to take pictures or record anything. The storm lasted throughout most of the ride.

Mom and I stopped at the Café Promenade after getting back onboard the Allure.

I got two mud cakes, but they were dry and not all that good.

DSC00258_zpsuokqnn98.jpg

Around 3:30, I went down to walk and run, on and off, on the jogging track, for a half hour, maybe a good 45 minutes. I have no interest in sports, but I will run outside or on the treadmill every once in a while, and as I'm typing this, I'm tempted to do that right now.

The Liberty is docked right next to us, coming from Galveston.

IMG_2173_zpsslwiq14b.jpg

At about 4:45, I went up to the suite sun deck to watch the Liberty sail away at 5pm (4pm her time). She would be with us again in Falmouth. While we're at sea tomorrow, she'll be in Grand Cayman, and in fact we'll be passing the Cayman Islands on the way to Falmouth.

DSC00260_zpszly9xvlf.jpg

The waterslides look fun.

DSC00262_zpsnerwedlb.jpg

DSC00266_zpsu4rn03a4.jpg

The Liberty didn't depart on time. Eventually, I went down to grab an ice cream cone or two from the Wipeout Café. I was just outside the café when, at 5:30, the Liberty finally left port. We were to leave port a half hour later, at 6pm.

Tonight at 8pm I went down to Studio B for tonight's ice show - Ice Games. Again, as a suite guest, I didn't have to reserve.

DSC00268_zps9w9zlbk1.jpg

I don't wanna spoil any of the show for those who have not been on the Allure. It was another spectacular show. There were a lot of memorable moments, and some weird moments, but nothing strange compared to Frozen in Time (which, if you haven't been on the Oasis, has nothing to do with the movie)

After the show, I decided to go around the ship. I went to the Boardwalk, and of course took a ride on the carousel. Afterwards, I stopped at Cups and Scoops.

Tonight I got some Scoops. Never got any Cups, because there weren't really any exciting varieties.

DSC00276_zpsfanwtzmg.jpg

I was gonna go stroll through Central Park afterwards, but I've had enough for the night. Tomorrow's another day at sea, where I watch the belly flop competition and take in the beauty of sunset.

Once again, thanks everyone enjoying this review so far. I greatly appreciate it.

Video for today:

Wednesday, July 13 - Sea day

Another day at sea. We are on our way to Falmouth. Aside from highlights, I don't have a lot to report about this day.

IMG_2185_zpshmjl0ayj.jpg

As suite guests, Mom and I went to the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast. A photo shoot was going on in the H2O Zone for a quinceañera.

Later, we went up to a cabana in the suite sun deck. While Mom and Dad would be relaxing, I would be going swimming. And the pool actually felt nice for once! I don't think I went in the pool yesterday, but why was it feeling like bath water for the first two days?

Toward the afternoon, I went down to the Boardwalk. My first stop was Johnny Rockets, and it was definitely more active there this time around - waiters dancing and all that. So this is a better time to go there on these ships.

At 1pm, the Belly Flop Competition was held. A contestant from Florida certainly reigned supreme!

DSC00292_zpskdaaokqj.jpg

DSC00293_zps6xzrzfbe.jpg

DSC00294_zpssvaha5gk.jpg

DSC00296_zpsqy47necg.jpg

I didn't take pictures as much as I took video.

Later, I changed into athletic gear and went for another run/walk on the jogging track. By now, we were passing the Cayman Islands. Liberty was in Grand Cayman today, and we will be seeing her in Falmouth tomorrow.

Tonight I really took in the sunset.

I took this one from above the pool deck.

IMG_2189_zpshdqyvppv.jpg

When sunset was about to begin, I rushed down to the rather hidden deck on the forward port side of deck 14. I stayed out there for probably over an hour, taking in the breeze, and the sunset. There are so many words to describe sunset on a cruise ship, especially out here, that I don't know what to say.

It's one of those big dreams you've gotta live to the fullest. It's an opportunity you don't wanna miss.

DSC00299_zpskgrhwbpc.jpg

DSC00300_zpsgq6magf8.jpg

DSC00305_zpssze9fpp7.jpg

IMG_2194_zps09qlsfkx.jpg

DSC00306_zpspmaalk1t.jpg

DSC00309_zpsn8qutavq.jpg

Oh, and if you remember my Oasis cruise review, I did not get trapped on deck this time! :D

Tomorrow we are in Falmouth. We will be visiting the Green Grotto Caves, and I will be climbing Dunn's River Falls.

I plan to post it this afternoon or later tonight. Stay tuned, and again, thanks everyone enjoying this review so far.

Video for today:

are you able to do any activities with adventure ocean..if not what is that experience like? have you met other people your age to hang out with? thanks...I just turned 18 and leaving in 1 week for oasis..love your review

Edited by sisocialworker

are you able to do any activities with adventure ocean..if not what is that experience like? have you met other people your age to hang out with? thanks...I just turned 18 and leaving in 1 week for oasis..love your review

I don't get to do the Adventure Ocean activities, and I'm not the most outgoing person out there, but I met some older people during this cruise.

Thursday, July 14 - Falmouth, Jamaica

I think we got into port a bit early. Mom and I had an excursion that would depart at 7:30am. The Coastal Kitchen wasn't open at this time, so we went for a quick breakfast in the Windjammer before we disembarked and went down the pier.

FullSizeRender-1_zpshqvyywdv.jpg

This excursion went to the Green Grotto Caves and Dunn's River Falls.

And remember, when it comes to driving in Jamaica: the left side is the right side, and the right side is suicide. 😅

Ya mon!

Our first stop was Green Grotto Caves. They were pretty interesting, but it was crazy - bats flying everywhere, stalagmites, and so many places where you gotta watch your head.

IMG_2196_zpscufbn6zl.jpg

IMG_2197_zpscuuoh5cp.jpg

IMG_2198_zpssgn7ohnx.jpg

IMG_2199_zpsmpodhfkf.jpg

IMG_2204_zpskd6vamih.jpg

Jamaica is also on the same time as Central time, but the operators of this excursion followed ship's time.

Our next stop was Dunn's River Falls. I climbed, and I think it was my favorite part of this entire cruise.

IMG_2239_zpsww49l2so.jpg

GOPR0590_zps4j95ikpi.jpg

Climbing the falls with a GoPro in one hand made it harder for me, but kudos to the Guyanese kid (a first-time cruiser ;), shown in the front of the above picture) who helped me along the way (I don't know how to spell his name, sorry :()

GOPR0593_zps70upmefe.jpg

The water was the most refreshing water I had been in all week!

GOPR0594_zpsdnsgbumd.jpg