Mike sails the Western Caribbean on the Allure!!!

We made it to the top! :D

GOPR0611_zpsh5tmdufe.jpg

When we got back to port, Mom and I met up with Dad at Margaritaville before getting back onboard.

A Fruity Pebble treat was in our service today.

DSC00320_zpstuetbmo1.jpg

The rest of the day will follow later tonight.

As suite guests, we were invited to sail-away on the bow of the ship. Only I went. My parents were elsewhere onboard.

Those who went were directed to the entrance of the Vitality at Sea Spa. We sat down and waited to be taken to the helipad. There I met a really nice couple, Sandy and Joe, from Maryland. And I live in Pennsylvania, so... :)

I also noticed a man whom I couldn't help but think looked like Captain Oveur (Peter Graves) from Airplane. 😅

"Joey, you ever seen a grown man..."

Never mind...

The Liberty was docked with us in Falmouth. Unfortunately, we won't be seeing her in Labadee, as she must now make her way back to Galveston.

DSC00324_zpsbhnqto6e.jpg

DSC00327_zpslyxpadem.jpg

We departed almost 10 minutes late because some passengers supposedly had gone missing.

DSC00330_zpscsexqozh.jpg

Tonight my parents and I went to Samba Grill.

DSC00337_zps2viu5obj.jpg

A Brazilian steakhouse, but there definitely weren't any Brazilian crew there.

Um frango e uma linguiça - a chicken breast (wrapped in bacon :D) and a sausage. They were pretty good. And no, that drink isn't wine. I don't drink - it's Coke.

DSC00339_zpsa46kejll.jpg

Um cordeiro - a lamb chop. No thanks on that. Its parents must be worried sick! :(

DSC00343_zpsln4faiip.jpg

Can't remember what this beef thing was. Wasn't bad though.

DSC00345_zps29x9sptq.jpg

Dessert selection included some kind of flan. Didn't really like this one. I don't like caramel (at least not on its own) anyway.

DSC00346_zpsozw0arnv.jpg

There was also chocolate cake. The chocolate onboard this ship is definitely different from the chocolate we're used to - it's not as sweet, but oftentimes I like that.

DSC00349_zpsntkxgbu5.jpg

And then some kind of lemon dessert. Very lemony!

DSC00353_zpsdd38mbgc.jpg

I had a nice time at Samba Grill, but it wasn't anything spectacular as I had hoped. Bom, mas não muito bom.

Tomorrow we're in Labadee, our last port of call. I don't have much to report about tomorrow, as it's pretty much a beach day. Stay tuned for that, and thanks everyone enjoying this review so far! Muito obrigado, e boa noite! :D

Vlog for today:

The reviews are great!! You are well spoken and have a good sense of humor. Love Airplane. :D

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Tower radioed clearance, over.

That's Clarence Oveur, over.

Roger.

Huh?

Roger, over!

What?

Huh?

Who?

Tower radioed clearance, over.

That's Clarence Oveur, over.

Roger.

Huh?

Roger, over!

What?

Huh?

Who?

Alright, give me a Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo.

Lots of great quotes!

I've enjoyed what I have read so far. I have some questions about Samba. I have been to Brazilian Steak Houses and love them. Did they have several kinds of meat? The menu shows they do. How is the salad bar? Are there hot dishes on the salad bar? Are side dishes served at the table?

I think I have read the restaurant is in the solarium and it gets very warm and humid in there as there is no air conditioning. Is that so?

Any other info you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

... I think I have read the restaurant is in the solarium and it gets very warm and humid in there as there is no air conditioning. Is that so?...

The restaurant is in an enclosed section of the Solarium and is air conditioned.

Friday, July 15 - Labadee, Haiti

DSC00356_zpsicy1rit8.jpg

We wouldn't be getting into port until about 9:30am. Mom and I went to the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast.

The eggs here certainly are more edible than the eggs in the Windjammer.

DSC00358_zpsqyr7yyzd.jpg

DSC00360_zps8bxylcz4.jpg

The Allure was the only ship docked in Labadee today.

GOPR0614_zpskx70rbed.jpg

GOPR0616_zps7y3zyej3.jpg

As suite guests, we had access to Barefoot Beach. Mom and Dad were pretty much there all day. I was on this beach as well, but at times I would go elsewhere around the place.

GOPR0619_zpsnoed2kpd.jpg

GOPR0623_zpsm8dbcuif.jpg

Fruit punch - Acceptable.

Corn - What can you expect? It's corn.

Chicken - I'm pretty sure it was jerk chicken, 'cause it hit me almost immediately.

Rice and beans - Did I mention my rice problem? But this wasn't quite that good.

GOPR0625_zpsbxfzqmzt.jpg

It was hot out, and by the afternoon, I was really tired, exhausted, and sunburned on my collar and shoulders. We went back onboard by 3:30pm.

I'm ready to go home at this point.

IMG_2251_zpsgcavyl5r.jpg

In the evening, I left the suite to go around the ship, and then to go to the production show tonight.

I'm kind of curious as to where this photo in the hallway was taken - "strand" means "beach."

DSC00366_zpspo04ewcw.jpg

6pm - we sail slowly back to Fort Lauderdale.

DSC00368_zpszl6idyol.jpg

I don't think I've strolled through Central Park since day 2 or 3.

DSC00371_zpshb35h4bf.jpg

DSC00375_zpswwywy4nl.jpg

The show is entitled "Blue Planet."

As a suite guest, I did not have to reserve this show. I got seated around 8pm, and Sandy and Joe decided to sit with me. They chose not to go to port today, but oh well.

The show began at 8:30pm, and ran for almost an hour. It included a lot of acrobatic acts, accompanied by music ranging from electronic dance music (my favorite :D) - "Around the World" by ATC, to orchestral songs.

And one of the last acts included "River Deep, Mountain High," which I'm familiar with because in my junior year of high school, I did tech crew for the spring production of "Leader of the Pack," which unfortunately didn't get the best critical reception from our audience.

After the show, I went down to the Boardwalk and took another ride on the carousel. I saw the Norwegian family I had met, and spoke with them. They told me that they've been on like 16 cruises - double the amount I've been on :eek:

I stopped at Cups and Scoops for a shake, and went back to the suite for the night.

We are now done with our last port of call, and tomorrow's our final day at sea. Kinda depressing, but like I said, I feel ready to go home.

Vlog for today:

(The first few seconds of this video are a note to my subscribers. Don't worry about that.)

Saturday, July 16 - Sea day

Today is our final day at sea. Mom and I were in the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast again.

We must be taking it slow, because this is how close we are to Florida. If we sailed at full speed, we'd probably be back in port by tonight.

DSC00383_zpsm0ttf2st.jpg

After breakfast, I went for one last walk/run on the jogging track, and then went for one final, refreshing swim.

GOPR0636_zpsaviqn9ul.jpg

Later in the day, I went around the ship, and I purchased my professional photos that I had posted earlier in this review.

Fried chicken and piping hot wedges were in the Windjammer tonight!

DSC00390_zpsqhggq4q2.jpg

It's so hard to tell whether these are brownies or fudge, because of their texture.

DSC00392_zpsgxqqfpy7.jpg

I went down to the Royal Promenade for the farewell party, but I didn't stay there for very long.

DSC00395_zpsfttmfjth.jpg

I took one final stroll through Central Park.

DSC00401_zpszeyylewm.jpg

...just until it started to rain.

As we approach Florida, we must now finish packing up, and tomorrow we disembark from the Allure to head home.

And tomorrow is an absolute nightmare for us. Stay tuned.