Where to put luggage when downtown?

Peace2U

We are flying to SeaTac and sailing out of pier 91. We want to go directly downtown and look around, since we may not be able to check into the hotel right away. What are our options for storing luggage until we go to the hotel?

Usually hotels will store your luggage until you can check in or will let you check in early if a room is available. Either way you will be free to sight see with just a tote or backpack for your valuables. I would recommend giving your hotel a call to see if they will hold your luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were able to check-in to the Westin at 11:00am after our cruise last week. They also held our luggage all day the next day as we had a red-eye flight home.

Most downtown hotels will hold your luggage before/after your stay.

Last time in Seattle (Red Lion, now something else) our hotel allowed us to check in early, picking up our key later that afternoon. We stored our luggage at the bell desk. We also did this in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agree that you should always go to your hotel and at least drop off luggage if you cannot check in at that time.

This goes for anywhere that you travel in the USA.

Many times you'll be able to check in early.

In other countries check in time is more rigid but you can also usually leave your luggage.

Actually my husband wanted to know if there were places to put our luggage while we are downtown before we go to the hotel. Would it be easier to just get a hotel near the Space Needle (to save a little money), so we can put the luggage there before sight seeing?

Actually my husband wanted to know if there were places to put our luggage while we are downtown before we go to the hotel. Would it be easier to just get a hotel near the Space Needle (to save a little money), so we can put the luggage there before sight seeing?

That would be the easiest. Where were you planning to stay otherwise?

The Port of Seattle can also hold your luggage through 3:30 pm on cruise days. The disadvantage is you have to travel back to Pier 91.

https://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's great to know! Thanks! BTW, I love your lighthouse pic. Which one is it? I love lighthouses! That's why my name is Seabeacon. :)

Edited by Seabeacon

We were looking at something near SeaTac.

To answer your question, yes, you can store your luggage at SeaTac airport, there is a concierge on the first floor in the vicinity of the luggage carousels. But since you are going to be looking around downtown, it would be more convenient (as well as saving you a trip all the way back out to the airport!) to either drop your luggage off at either the Pier 91 concierge or even the Pier 66 concierge. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only.

However, I would recommend a 3rd possibility which is the Edgewater Hotel which is right across the street from Pier 11. Cost there is $5/bag. The advantage of the hotel vice either of the pier concierge locations is that you eliminate having to fight the disembarking/embarking passengers at either pier. It's also easier to go to the hotel than out to Pier 91 since it's closer to downtown. Of course if you use the Pier 91 location, you save a stop when you leave downtown to go check in! It all depends on what works best for you! :)

Tom