3 Meal Dining plan

falkensmaze

Thats probably the best advice i've read, besides Our last cruise we ate Speciality 9 out of 10 nights and the one night in the MDR was a let down to say the least!! keep life simple eh?? :D:D

Yep!

I used to cruise Carnival because my ex-husband hates change and we started with Carnival. For my first solo cruise, I chose NCL specifically because of all the specialty restaurants. I love having so many choices!

Have to admit I am a little lazy in reading all the details, but for the life of me I couldn't find any details or fine print on MyNCL regarding UBP or the dining package. Am assuming that ours is a three meal deal since that is what most folks have on the promo. If there is a secret screen with details, please let me know. My bill through the TA showed an increase from the original balance. When questioned, they said it was strange entry and just pay the original balance which I did. Now they said that the gratuities on the free stuff were due! :mad:

Won't ever use this TA again and right now NCL is on thin ice with us.

Have to admit I am a little lazy in reading all the details, but for the life of me I couldn't find any details or fine print on MyNCL regarding UBP or the dining package. Am assuming that ours is a three meal deal since that is what most folks have on the promo. If there is a secret screen with details, please let me know. My bill through the TA showed an increase from the original balance. When questioned, they said it was strange entry and just pay the original balance which I did. Now they said that the gratuities on the free stuff were due! :mad:

I'm not sure how much blame NCL need to take for this (other than for having the policy, which is a whole new discussion), but I'd certainly agree with the decision not to use the TA again.

They really should have told you beforehand, and not knowing what the charge was is inexcusable.

Go to this page, scroll to the bottom and click on Terms and Conditions. If your sailing is five to nine days, you have three meals on your SDP.

Go to this page, scroll to the bottom and click on Terms and Conditions. If your sailing is five to nine days, you have three meals on your SDP.

It can change based on when the cruise was booked, but from the amounts stated for the gratuitity earlier it does look like three days to me

I am opting to pay for the 3 meal specialty dinning package. I love escargot. If I use one of my 3 meals at LeBistro can I order 2 servings of escargot (2 appetizers)?

I know you can only have one entree but I believe you can have more than one appetizer. I don't know that I could fit more than one order of escargot in but I might give it a try because I love it. My favorites are Le Bistro for escargot and lobster, Cagney's for steak and the tempanaki Japanese Steakhouse for the shrimp and entertainment. I also love sushi but I can pay 7-8 bucks for my sushi roll ala cart.

Edited by Jana60

I am opting to pay for the 3 meal specialty dinning package. I love escargot. If I use one of my 3 meals at LeBistro can I order 2 servings of escargot (2 appetizers)?

No one entree appetizer and desert each. Believe you may be able to order more than one side

Just wanted to say Thanks to everybody who responded to my Post....Learned some great info from you guys.....By the way has anybody sailed on the Epic In a Solo Cabin...would love to hear from you...

Thanks

Mike

This is not what people are reporting. It's only one entree, but you can order multiples of apps and desserts...

Well that isn't what I remember but I dine comped from the meal plan, CAS and Platinum so I could be mixing them up.

No one entree appetizer and desert each. Believe you may be able to order more than one side

Unless this has changed since March 2016 you are incorrect. My sister and I went to Le Bistro on the dining package in March and each of us had french onion soup, escargot, Lobster, and dessert as well as sides such as sauteed mushrooms. At that time we were told the only limitation was to have one entree'. We cruised last week but didn't go to Le Bistro because we were in The Haven and the Haven Restaurant has great food but they actually sent us over some french onion soup from the le bistro because the Haven Restaurant didn't have it.

Edited by Jana60

Well that isn't what I remember but I dine comped from the meal plan, CAS and Platinum so I could be mixing them up.

Platinum is certainly restricted to just one appetiser and dessert, so maybe that is what you were thinking of.

Some people have been told by staff that meals using the SDP are also restricted, but they are wrong, and people have also reported being able to successfully argue the point.

It was a la carte on our last cruise you could order whatever you wanted appetizer wise (qty etc) on the UDP

Platinum is certainly restricted to just one appetiser and dessert, so maybe that is what you were thinking of.

Some people have been told by staff that meals using the SDP are also restricted, but they are wrong, and people have also reported being able to successfully argue the point.

the highlight of anyone's cruise.....arguing with the waitstaff. :D

seems if ncl would communicate all of the possible options and specs on each option there would be no reason for anyone to argue with the staff.

the highlight of anyone's cruise.....arguing with the waitstaff. :D

Absolutely. Can't say I'd bother myself.

Not that it matters to me anyway. One appetiser and one dessert is plenty for me, except for Le Bistro where I like the escargot and mushroom soup, but my wife and I usually share them. As we use a platinum voucher there, I know it would be chargeable if I get both and just pay up. If I was using the SDP and got charged, I would question it, but I don't think I would argue.

During the course of a cruise there are always a number of bits that go your way, like espressos not charged for example, that I'm certainly not going to argue over a few dollars for some soup.

To be fair, when I used the word argue in my original post, it probably wasn't appropriate. I get the impression that questioning it, and maybe asking to check with the supervisor does the job.

Just wanted to say Thanks to everybody who responded to my Post....Learned some great info from you guys.....By the way has anybody sailed on the Epic In a Solo Cabin...would love to hear from you...

Thanks

Mike

Mike, it's best to start a new thread instead of hijacking this one with a different subject. ;)

Mike, it's best to start a new thread instead of hijacking this one with a different subject. ;)

I was going to say the same thing! :) Mike, I was in a studio on the Epic in March (loved it so much, I've booked another for next year), and there are lots of threads about what's that like. I'm sure if you just do a search for "studio" you'll find tons of information.:D