3 Meal Dining plan

falkensmaze

Hi we recently booked on the Escape for next May ( 7 nights) and we received the 3 speciality meals package and my Question is.

We will most likely eat in Speciality dining all 7 nights so will NCL give us the three least expensive meals for free or can we choose which meals will use up our free credit? :)

You can choose which restaurants you use the SDP in. If you don't want to use a credit then tell them so when you arrive and also remind your server when he makes up the bill.

There is nothing to stop you using the 3 meal plan for the most expensive 3 meals you have, but if you don't say anything then NCL will take the credits for the first three meals you have, not based on the cost.

Edited by KeithJenner

Hi Guys!

New to NCL,,,,,,Will be Going out on the Epic in March....I was also curious about the 3 day package deal....If you eat at Cagneys how much is it normaly???????

Thanks

Mike

it's either 30 or 35 dollars plus 18 percent gratuity.

Hi Guys!

New to NCL,,,,,,Will be Going out on the Epic in March....I was also curious about the 3 day package deal....If you eat at Cagneys how much is it normaly???????

Thanks

Mike

Since Cagney's is now a la carte it all depends on what you have to eat. We ate in Cagney's in Feb on the Star and our check was $85! We each had a shrimp cocktail, a steak, 1 mashed potato, one baked potato, and my husband had 2 Pepsi's. No dessert and no salads.

Hi Guys!

Thanks

Mike

If you google "beyondships Norwegian escape" you will find the new menus. Cagneys on the Epic is the same as the Escape, so that can give you an idea of how much you would spend.

Cagney's is no longer a set price everything is ala carte Appetizers, main course and desserts priced separately

ah, didn't know that thanks. i knew la cucina had gone to ala carte pricing but didn't know any of the other restaurants had.

Since Cagney's is now a la carte it all depends on what you have to eat. We ate in Cagney's in Feb on the Star and our check was $85! We each had a shrimp cocktail, a steak, 1 mashed potato, one baked potato, and my husband had 2 Pepsi's. No dessert and no salads.

just another reason not to go to the specialty restaurants anymore. the prices in la cucina have jumped ridiculously and many of the entrees alone now cost more than the cover used to cost.

Hi Guys!

Thanks

Mike

With the new a la carte menu, my meal (salad, small filet and baked potato) would be $26, which includes the 18% gratuity. This will give you an idea of what the costs at Cagney's are: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

FYI: a surprise on our finally cruise payment. Thought that the service charges would accrue as we consumed meals and drinks on the dinner and beverage package. DW doesn't drink. Anyway for the "Free" beverage package it is $173.88/week and the three meal plan is $26.64 for both of us. Guess I'll have to drink a lot more than planned:confused: If I had this understanding before booking, think I would have I would have opted for a different freebie, maybe wifi.

FYI: a surprise on our finally cruise payment. Thought that the service charges would accrue as we consumed meals and drinks on the dinner and beverage package. DW doesn't drink. Anyway for the "Free" beverage package it is $173.88/week and the three meal plan is $26.64 for both of us. Guess I'll have to drink a lot more than planned:confused: If I had this understanding before booking, think I would have I would have opted for a different freebie, maybe wifi.

Have you actually made the final payment yet?

I don't know for sure, but I think people have been able to change the perks.

As an aside, I'd have thought that the service charge would have been listed on your cruise confirmation. It's always worth checking these things to avoid any surprises. Too late for you this time, but worth checking in future.

Edited by KeithJenner

That is crazy!

Not to rub it in but there is a good lesson for everyone here: ALWAYS read the terms and conditions of a promo before you book a cruise. Caveat emptor.

Hi we recently booked on the Escape for next May ( 7 nights) and we received the 3 speciality meals package and my Question is.

We will most likely eat in Speciality dining all 7 nights so will NCL give us the three least expensive meals for free or can we choose which meals will use up our free credit? :)

If you book before you board, the NCL system will apply your SDP to the first three meals you make reservations for. You don't have to pay that way on board, but that's what the system will do at the time of reservation.

As others have said you can add on another SDP to reduce your costs. If you don't do that and you do reserve before you board, then book restaurants with a flat fee first and a la carte restaurants after so you're not charged (or charged less) at the time of booking.

I am opting to pay for the 3 meal specialty dinning package. I love escargot. If I use one of my 3 meals at LeBistro can I order 2 servings of escargot (2 appetizers)?

Yes, you can.

As others have said you can add on another SDP to reduce your costs. If you don't do that and you do reserve before you board, then book restaurants with a flat fee first and a la carte restaurants after so you're not charged (or charged less) at the time of booking.

Now i'm more confused:( , The FAQ clearly states that Cagneys is under the umbrella of SDP, but people here are stating it is a la carte. If we go to cagney's are my options limited?

Now i'm more confused:( , The FAQ clearly states that Cagneys is under the umbrella of SDP, but people here are stating it is a la carte. If we go to cagney's are my options limited?

Sorry I confused you! You can still eat at the a la carte restaurants with your SDP. It's widely reported here on CC that you can order two apps, one entree and two desserts and it's covered by the SDP even though the restaurant is a la carte. So, it doesn't matter whether there's a flat fee or you pay per item you order, you can use an SDP credit to pay for the meal.

My advice was for if you're booking before you board (you can make your reservations 90 days before boarding or 100 days if you're in the Haven). If you have 7-day cruise and only a 3-day SDP but you want to eat at specialties for 5 days, then if you don't want to pay at the time you make the reservation you simply make your reservations for the flat-fee restaurants first and NCL's systems will recognize you have SDP and not charge you at the time you book. They only charge at that time for flat-fee restaurants. They don't charge for a la carte restaurants because, of course, they have no idea how much you'll order.