tell me about the Explorer of the Seas

I will be on the Explorer the end of Sept. I know there is an older thread about the Explorer but looking for more up to date posts.

I am not looking for anything in particular - anything you know is more than I do. Tips, secrets, etc.

Anyone who has been on the Explorer more recently want to share some info about it?

Thank you

Just off her a couple weeks ago.

Ship is older but seemed to be in good shape.

We didn't care for the food selections in the MDR but that is subjective. You may love it. We only ate there and the buffet.

They took really good care of our DIL who has a severe onion allergy.

Our grandaughter took full advantage of the rock wall, ice skating and Flowrider when weather permitted.

We loved the ice show.

I might be in my 60s but I fully intend to take a spin around the ice skating rink. I spent my youth ice skating on outdoor rinks in Toronto so taking a trip down Memory Lane will be fun. Hmmm, better make sure I have medical insurance. :D

Thanks for starting this new thread. I am curious about reactions to the virtual balcony cabins. We booked one for next May and hope someone can share their experience. :)

We stayed in a virtual balcony cabin last summer on Explorer. We liked that the screen gave extra light to the room and it didn't feel quite so claustrophobic. It was also good to see outside to monitor the weather. Would definitely choose another, this time we were allocated it after booking an inside guarantee

We stayed in a virtual balcony cabin last summer on Explorer. We liked that the screen gave extra light to the room and it didn't feel quite so claustrophobic. It was also good to see outside to monitor the weather. Would definitely choose another, this time we were allocated it after booking an inside guarantee

Thanks for the reply and information. I am really looking forward to the experience as we have never had an inside cabin before. It's always nice to see what's outside so this fills the need. Plus it's on a higher deck so easy to get there.

They took really good care of our DIL who has a severe onion allergy.

Linda can I ask about your DIL allergy _ I will be on Explorer in December with my son who will be 17 months, he has severe dairy, egg and wheat allergies - how accomodating and on the ball were the wait staff and kitchen staff? Did your DIL notify the maitre d upon boarding of her allergies? Did anyone discuss the menu each night with her? I am just concerned with how many changes to a menu item I will probably need to make for my little one, and understanding how busy a ship's kitchen is I worry there may be slip ups and the consequences for my son aren't pretty.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Had a terrific cruise on this ship. Please make an effort to attend the Murder Mystery evening as it's fun and well worth the additional cost. The interior balcony seating overlooking the Promenade on each deck is a nice way to relax and read a book on hot days.