Crown princess

funji1

Planning a group Southern Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess and would love input on the ship itself. Condition of the ship, service, restaurants and food,activities offered, pool decks and crowds for chairs etc. I have looked at all the pictures and read the descriptions on the Princess website but would like personal opinions.

I appreciate any of your input. Thanks in advance !!

In other words, you want to know everything... The only way of doing that is to sail on her!

She's a beautiful ship! You can go to the top of this forum and check all the threads about the Crown. There may be negative feedback like with every single ship.

She's my favorite ship and would not hesitate to sail on her again. Yes, there will be chair hogs at the pool, like with every ship unless you sail luxury lines. As far as entertainment, it changes all the time.

To the OP- did you look under the review section for the Crown?

I sailed last on the Crown in April. The ship is looking a little tired. The staff changes ever so often,but they were not good over all. Dining "open seating" seems to be a problem for lunch and breakfast. Always a line.

Never did get balloons or sign for birthdayon cabin door. (always have in past) Received cake in DR with wrong name of passenger.

We did not have noro on our voyage,but this ship seems to have it more than others.

We had a good time, just noticed problems.

Julie

As to service, a lot depends on how you treat the staff. The staff on the Crown was fabulous! Of course, I've never had bad service on any Princess ship.

Can things change? Somewhat maybe. Crew also changes regularly...

Yes, one time, the cabin stewards forgot to put the happy birthday card on my door... Big deal! Not. Julie is complaining about such minor things, it's amazing. Wow, I wasn't aware they even put a name on the birthday cake... And we have had a few... This is what I'm talking about. People will complain about anything, just take everything with a grain of salt!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

As to service, a lot depends on how you treat the staff. The staff on the Crown was fabulous! Of course, I've never had bad service on any Princess ship.

Can things change? Somewhat maybe. Crew also changes regularly...

Yes, one time, the cabin stewards forgot to put the happy birthday card on my door... Big deal! Not. Julie is complaining about such minor things, it's amazing. Wow, I wasn't aware they even put a name on the birthday cake... And we have had a few... This is what I'm talking about. People will complain about anything, just take everything with a grain of salt!

Have a wonderful cruise!

No. They did not ever have a name on the cake. The card from Princess that came with the cake had someone else name on it and cabin number,we didn't really see it. The waiter kept the card. They just said Mrs. So and so,cabin number so and so. (It was not our name) It was for my DH not a Mrs. Not our cabin number etc.

I don't complain about everything . The

OP was asking about The Crown and that was my experience. There were many other things right and wrong on that voyage. I've cruised/vacationed enough to know what to expect. Do I let it ruin anything, of course not.

Just because you had a a great experience doesn't mean....

I love it when fellow cruisers share info.,but not bash others. I am feeling "picked on" for my experience.

I said I had a great cruise just that "things" could be improved on.

By the way I treat the staff with respect ,had nothing to do with what went wrong. It is a Princess problem.

Julie

Julie, it isn't a Princess issue, it's a people issue.. People, including crew, aren't perfect. Why I was mentioning you is that you brought that very small incident to someone who may not have cruised often. Crew, like most of us, makes mistakes.

IMHO, you may have deterred someone from this cruise because of a very small mistake?

Did you find perfection on other ships? All cruises will have something or other that isn't perfect. That's only to be expected.

Planning a group Southern Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess and would love input on the ship itself. Condition of the ship, service, restaurants and food,activities offered, pool decks and crowds for chairs etc. I have looked at all the pictures and read the descriptions on the Princess website but would like personal opinions.

I was on the Crown Princess in February. My review has lots of photos. Just click on the link below:

http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2316257

We did not have noro on our voyage,but this ship seems to have it more than others.

I've sailed a total of several months over many Crown cruises without any norovirus outbreaks & to me it's merely another urban legend that keeps being repeated on CC. That's not a factor that would prevent me from sailing the Crown again and hopefully would not prevent anyone else after reading about it.

I hesitated to respond & hopefully it won't result in another norovirus debate but I wanted to share another point of view.

Julie, it isn't a Princess issue, it's a people issue.. People, including crew, aren't perfect. Why I was mentioning you is that you brought that very small incident to someone who may not have cruised often. Crew, like most of us, makes mistakes.

IMHO, you may have deterred someone from this cruise because of a very small mistake?

Did you find perfection on other ships? All cruises will have something or other that isn't perfect. That's only to be expected.

No it is a Princess problem. Nina I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. By the way have you read The Crown reviews recently on Cruise critic.? There are quite a few negative Reviews. I'm not the only one to feel the way that I told the OP.

Yes ,of course people make mistakes. But there were lots of problems /mistakes on my voyage in April The mistakes were done by many different crew members on the Crown Princess . It just adds up.It wasn't just one person it was a few different departments.(Dining/hotel dept. just to name a few.)

Again did it make me not want to cruise Princess again,no,but I feel that The Crown Princess during my April voyage had issues .That's the facts and that's what I was reporting to the OP ,they asked about the Crown and what shape it was in etc. ,so that's what I reported. Just because I went on the Crown in April doesn't mean the problem still exists currently for future cruisers.

I know what to expect from Princess as far as service and it just wasn't up to par on my April voyage.

Nina I still am feeling very bashed by you and I don't see why you need to keep commenting. The facts are what I reported to the OP and I directed the OP to read the member reviews on Cruise critic and I stated a few facts from what I experienced and that's how we got to this.

I love cruise critic and I love reporting information ,but I don't see why somebody has to keep picking on one another ,just not necessary.

Julie

Have been on the Crown twice now (once at Xmas/New Year's 2011 and then this past March 2016). Did not experience any problems and in fact, going back on the Crown to Mexico in September. There will always be things that aren't perfect as others have mentioned but for us, we had a wonderful time. Service, food, activities, etc. were great and that's what keeps us coming back to Princess all the time!

I have not been on the Crown...yet.

We are doing a LA to Hawaii round trip in October.

So looking forward to the trip and coming back new.

As someone who has worked in the service industry, I never feel that Princess employees do not try their best.

Wait, there was one time that I felt a bit put out and that was @ the passenger service desk. I walked away and put it to their having a bad day. It happens to all of us.

I've read some of the reviews and took them with a grain of salt. Some of them had normal "hotel" issues such as backed up toilet (you can thank your neighbors who put the diaper down the toilet or something other than the toilet paper provided). We actually had that happen on Ruby...it got fixed. :)

We are so looking forward to this cruise on the Crown!! :D

Sailed on the Crown 13 May this year, Alaska inside passage. Had a great time no problems at all, staff very helpfull in all area,s. Antonio our steward was so helpfull and friendly. Would sail on her again.