Currently on Jewel - Unexpected sea day - any questions?

Hello

I am really bored so wondered if anyone has a question?

It's too windy to go to Mykonos, so we have an extra sea day and all they have organised are extra art auctions, blackjack and slots tournaments and spa seminars. Money grabbing! They have put on a game of charades but cancelled a quiz that was due to be on.

Obviously the pool deck is crowded but I have seen one member of staff checking towels.

Yesterday, someone reserved 5 beds with towels next to us at 8:45 and at 11:15 no one had come to them so I told a family to take them.

Food is fairly good. My daughter has a nut allergy and when we asked about desserts the lovely waiter brought out 7 that she could eat. The staff are great.

At breakfast, we watched 4 officers discuss and cover three tables with white table cloths and smooth them and rearrange them for about 15 minutes. Wonder what rate of pay they are on! 😂

Any way ask away although battery is on 3%. Have basic wifi package and is good. Daughter has watched youtube videos in our cabin on deck 4!

Glad you are having a nice time, hope you are not too disappointed on missing your port

Are you due to stop in any Turkish ports, if so whats happening. If not have you heard any talk of what the plans are for stops in the near future.

Thanks for any info about turkey.

Also what are the new cabins on deck 4 near the restaurants like - is there a door between them and the atrium. If you have had a glimpse into them ;)do you know what way the beds run.

We don't stop at the Turkish ports. However, I would not want to get off if we did. We have visited Turkey three times and the people are generally friendly and good fun. The current situation is worrying.

I will try to look at those cabins for you.

We don't stop at the Turkish ports. However, I would not want to get off if we did. We have visited Turkey three times and the people are generally friendly and good fun. The current situation is worrying.

I will try to look at those cabins for you.

I am not planning to get off, I luckily have visited Ephesus way long ago in 1991- people were lovely but the situation is now very volatile and I think it will get much worse over the next year or so. I am hoping that we end up somewhere else but I also appreciate some have booked this cruise mainly to visit this site. (but with Mary's house also being there and the weekend reports of christian churches being raided - there may be an increased risk now).

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Hi Tracey - we're on Jewel in September so any info would be good.

Are the shows interesting? Presume no big production shows on Jewel?

Any lectures/enrichment? When we were on Jewel in Alaska last year there was some interesting lectures by an ex Canadian Mountie - wonder if there is anything like this?

Do you know if the dinning package includes 'Chefs table' - the planner indicates it does but I would think not

Any deals on drinks? How much are 'drinks of the day', any two for one offers?, has a drink card been offered (i.e. 10 drinks for set price) ?

Have you been to Santorini yet? heard that there are long delays in tendering and as we are not there long we wanted to get as much time as possible on shore.

Thanks for your help - hope you find something to do !! :D

Regards Sue

No drinks cards have been advertised yet.

I will have a look at prices of upgrading.

The Solarium Cafe is open in the evening from 9pm to 2 am. I will ask my daughter what food there is.

I was worried about her naming friends as she is 16 and our 20 year old son was unable to come. She went to the first get together and now has a group of friends to hang out with.

Hi

There are very heavy double glass doors separating the little corridor of new cabins from the atrium..

I walked down but no doors were open.

Thank you I am relieved to here that the doors are there to block out some atrium noise as they are not on all the new jewel deck plans.

glad about the friends. We found 16 was fine but it got harder at 20yr (a few weeks off 21) especially in US as 20 is still not an adult out there and the 19/20 yr olds were all acting the way our imature 17/18 yrs would when out of parents views. My DD had been living away from home at uni for 4 years and was in the process of starting her career and buying a house lol- She spent the hols with us.

Edited by fragilek

There was no show last night in the theatre and a string quartet the night before. We haven't been yet.

Planning on going tonight to watch Production Showtime and the Love and Marriage Show.

Will need an early dinner. It's great if you go around 7, queues really do build up after 8.

No drinks cards have been advertised yet.

I will have a look at prices of upgrading.

The Solarium Cafe is open in the evening from 9pm to 2 am. I will ask my daughter what food there is.

I was worried about her naming friends as she is 16 and our 20 year old son was unable to come. She went to the first get together and now has a group of friends to hang out with.

Thanks Tracy.:)

Im on jewel now aswell.

Regarding solarium they have å light breakfast then close for two hours. Reopening with pizza and hot dogs. Also had the roast beef sandwich with mustard sauce on the last two days. Dont know if that's the kummelweck because when I asked for it she never had heard of kummelweck.

Edited by abbflex

Im on jewel now aswell.

Regarding solarium they have å light breakfast then close for two hours. Reopening with pizza and hot dogs. Also had the roast beef sandwich with mustard sauce on the last two days. Dont know if that's the kummelweck because when I asked for it she never had heard of kummelweck.

Glad to hear about the breakfast. We have a TA on Jewel next year and we've enjoyed the quiet, peaceful breakfast in Park Cafe on other ships.

Edited by clarea

Glad to hear about the breakfast. We have a TA on Jewel next year and we've enjoyed the quiet, peaceful breakfast in Park Cafe on other ships.

Hi you have helped me so much with issues on my last cruise and planning on my next, I am going on the jewel at the end of summer and would be glad to try and find answers to any questions you still have outstanding

Hi you have helped me so much with issues on my last cruise and planning on my next, I am going on the jewel at the end of summer and would be glad to try and find answers to any questions you still have outstanding

Thank-you! Mostly I'm just wondering how similar the food venue in the Solarium is to Park Cafe with regard to hours of operation and types of food offered.

Drink of the Day yesterday was:

Sunshine - white rum, peach schnapps, pineapple and cranberry juice for $8:95

Always have the drink of the day- that's the first thing I check in the compass to see what I'll be drinking!

I've got a leaflet on drink packages.

18% needs to be added to all of these prices.

Royal Replenish $19

Select $39

Premium $49

Ultimate $59

I asked about upgrading and you pay the difference.

Thank-you! Mostly I'm just wondering how similar the food venue in the Solarium is to Park Cafe with regard to hours of operation and types of food offered.

sorry never been in a Park cafe-so I can't help after all

Drink of the Day yesterday was:

Sunshine - white rum, peach schnapps, pineapple and cranberry juice for $8:95

Yum sounds lovely - thanks Tracey for your replies . Just realised you are probably just at beginning of cruise, hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Hi

We are on day 4.

It was Santorini yesterday, again a very windy day.

Tender tickets were available from 9 am and we went down then. There was a fairly long queue but it went quickly and we got tickets for tender 11.

We spent the morning by the pool - it was so windy and then had lunch. We freshened up and got called to our tender around 2pm.

The crossing was bumpy but only took around 20 minutes. We got off and walked to the left where we got transfers to Oia. It was the company with the orange sign, the first one you get to. €20 each.

We then waited for about 30 mins (told it would be 10) for our "speed" boat. Again the crossing was very bumpy but good fun and lots of screaming as people got splashed.

It was then a 100m walk up a steep slope to a bus. We were then taken on a short rude to the bus station and then within 5 minutes walk we were in the very beautiful Oia. Took lots of photos, there are stunning views around every corner. We probably had just over an hour there to look around, we didn't buy anything as the shops were expensive.

Buses return to Fira every hour on the hour and we got the 5 o'clock bus back. This took around 20 minutes. We stopped at a cafe and had a drink ( cokes €3 and beer €4.50) but there were clean toilets and free wifi.

We then wandered around and got in the looooonnnnnngggggg line to the cable car. This was included in the €20. The queue was around an hour long. We then got onto a tender and were back on board for 7:55pm.

It's a lot of travelling by many forms but was worth it. If you cannot stand for long periods of time or find walking difficult then I would find a different way of doing this.

We will be sailing on JEWEL in Nov.

Do you know if they are still offering the 'WINE and DINE' program in the

MDR. ( 5,7,12 bottles of wine ). They were doing this last year with a 20%

discount on the first night but someone said that it may have been discontinued.

Also, If it is still available, are there any prices listed.

Thanks

Thanks so much for this thread, we sail on Jewel on Sunday (I'll wave as we pass each other;)). The info is very useful.

So far I have learnt that I still got a discount on our drinks package, despite the UK Brexit vote, and all about Santorini and tenders.