Too soon to e-mail the Maitre'd?

RiotAct

Hi everyone,

I was wondering... my cruise isn't until late January; is it too early to e-mail the ship's maitre'd and request a table for two in the MDR, preferably near a window? Your input is much appreciated!

Despite what others might say, it is too early. Remember, maitre d's

deal with thousands of pax each sailing and also go on leave, and emails can get lost in the shuffle. Try 30 days out, and confirm it once on board.:)

How do I email the maitr'd on the Freedom? We are traveling with family in two other cabins. They are confirmed for 8:15 but I'm waitlisted. I want to make sure all ten of us are seated together at the same time. We are all linked and I have FTTF so I'm hoping that I get my preference and we get seated together but I'd like to send an email to make sure. We are leaving Saturday.

Thanks.

How do I email the maitr'd on the Freedom? We are traveling with family in two other cabins. They are confirmed for 8:15 but I'm waitlisted. I want to make sure all ten of us are seated together at the same time. We are all linked and I have FTTF so I'm hoping that I get my preference and we get seated together but I'd like to send an email to make sure. We are leaving Saturday.

Thanks.

Carnival Maitred emails :

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Hi everyone,

I was wondering... my cruise isn't until late January; is it too early to e-mail the ship's maitre'd and request a table for two in the MDR, preferably near a window? Your input is much appreciated!

I've needed to email the ship's maitre'd and did so day 2 of the 7 day cruise prior to ours. My problem was fixed. I figured the maitre'd would be done fixing things for that cruise and be working on the seating arrangements for the next cruise (ours) then.

The best bet to get a table for two is to contact John Heald on his FaceBook page. The ship's maitre'd get a lot of emails and are not required to respond to any of them. John will make sure you get your table for two, the ship's maitre'd email may or may not.

I emailed the MaitreD on the Magic 3 weeks ago for our July 30th cruise. He did get right back with me and was very helpful. This was my first time making a request and I've been Platinum for quite some time.

My question is - he let me know that he would be going on vacation in less than a week, but that his "colleague will take care of your request."

Should I forward that email to the current MaitreD a few days before my cruise to ensure that he got it?

Again, the MaitreD (Klaudio Vukic) was very nice and he answered my email within 30 minutes of me sending it. I don't want to risk offending the new MD, but it is really important to me - this one time only - like I said I've never made a request of any kind before.

What are your thoughts?

You shouldn't be emailing the maitre d' in the first place. They are under no obligation to read, much less respond to emails with requests from passengers. John Heald has stated this on a number of occasions. Yes, some still ignore John's request.

Sure they are no "obligation" to respond to anyone but that's what great customer service is all about. Our maitre' replied promptly and we are very appreciative. We were actually advised to see the maitre'd to get our dining straightened out. We have had to do this before when our large parties weren't seated together as promised by our travel agent. Im sure it's much easier to accommodate guests ahead of time rather than sending someone to retrieve dining information from other guests to shuffle people around after everyone onboard.

The best bet to get a table for two is to contact John Heald on his FaceBook page. The ship's maitre'd get a lot of emails and are not required to respond to any of them. John will make sure you get your table for two, the ship's maitre'd email may or may not.

No offence, but, do you think JH does not get many emails? Frankly, this is not his job, and I would not bother him about dining requests. Just email the maitre d' closer to sailing date, and leave JH alone. Sorry!:cool:

You shouldn't be emailing the maitre d' in the first place. They are under no obligation to read, much less respond to emails with requests from passengers. John Heald has stated this on a number of occasions. Yes, some still ignore John's request.

I tried that route two times and it didn't happen for me. I now email the maitre'd every time, and 75% of the time I get a reply, and 100% of the time I get what I requested. Why bother with a middle man. The more people you throw into the mix, the more likely your request will be lost or screwed up. No offence against JH as he has a lot of more important stuff to do.

I emailed the maitre'd yesterday about our upcoming cruise (leaves the 29th), so we'll see what happens. I too would think getting people arranged via email prior to sailings would ease their workload, not increase it. Less people crowding around at sail time and on the first night. I wish I could do something similar at my job -

If experience is any indication:

I emailed the maitre'd 2 weeks prior to our sailing (7/23 on the Magic) and got no response. I sent the exact same e-mail this past Sunday (6 days prior to departure) and received a reply within 3 hours stating that my request was approved and confirmed.

I would say to wait until the day AFTER embarkation for the cruise prior to your cruise and THEN make your request. I'm sure that the maitre'd is busy on embarkation day fixing dining issues on the current cruise, but by the next day things have settled down and they will be doing the seating for your cruise.

Again, thank you to everyone! Good point about contacting the maitre'd once they're working on the seating arrangements for your cruise. I'll put a reminder in my phone for 6 days prior to embarkation!

I sent an email requesting a table for 2 to the Paradise MD about a month out from our sail date and didn't receive a reply so I sent another about a week before our sail date and didn't get a reply. When we got on board we went to the MDR to request a table for 2 to find out we were already assigned at a table for 2. So you never know and you also may never get a reply but seemed like someone read my email at one point.

I tried that route two times and it didn't happen for me. I now email the maitre'd every time, and 75% of the time I get a reply, and 100% of the time I get what I requested. Why bother with a middle man. The more people you throw into the mix, the more likely your request will be lost or screwed up. No offence against JH as he has a lot of more important stuff to do.

Like what? Asking JH for dining arrangements is what JH asked people to do.

The Maitre d' receives the initial dining assignments from Miami about a week before the cruise with priority given to groups. Then individual bookings. Then the Maitre d' gets to play musical chairs.

I leave on the Paradise this Saturday and sent an email today asking if we could have a specific waiter. I received a reply in less than 15 minutes stating that our request was confirmed. Be nice and ask. If they can, they will accommodate you, and if they can't they will let you know. Thanks Carnival! Thank you thread for letting me know how to contact the maître d' on a specific ship. :)

I leave on the Paradise this Saturday and sent an email today asking if we could have a specific waiter. I received a reply in less than 15 minutes stating that our request was confirmed. Be nice and ask. If they can, they will accommodate you, and if they can't they will let you know. Thanks Carnival! Thank you thread for letting me know how to contact the maître d' on a specific ship. :)

Mind sharing your preferred waiter? We just got off the Paradise this past Monday and we adored Michaila from I believe Romania, she was just so very lovely and personable. She did mention she had 1 or 2 more five day cruises and she was 'retiring back to her country'.

Like what? Asking JH for dining arrangements is what JH asked people to do.

I did and it didn't work. Sorry. You proceed your way and I'll proceed my way. I don't need to listen to what JH asks, or I would still be waiting for the "Brilliant" loyalty program.(Which again is not his fault),

Edited by Jamman54