Mirror Question...

f3red

My BW wants to know what kind of makeup mirror is in the Neptune suite (MS Amsterdam, 7005, in particular). The amenities list says "5X magnifying make-up mirrors" but is it lighted? How big? Any photos?

Thanks,

f3

Usually the magnifying mirrors are about 6 inches across; they are lighted by a fluorescent light ring around the perimeter. The ones I have seen are mounted on the vanity/desk. There's a rocker switch to turn the light on and off.

I don't know if the ones in the suites are different but what I described would be the minimum as these are in all the cabins. I hope this helps at least for starters. m--

The mirrors are a standard make and size on all HAL ships. Yes, they are lighted, hard wired, on a swinging support and from memory, about eight inches in diameter. If you turn the mirror to face the wall it makes a good night light.

I usually take a small travel make up mirror with a higher magnification. I guess the supplied mirror's effectiveness depends on one's eyesight.

Edited by sapper1

My BW wants to know what kind of makeup mirror is in the Neptune suite (MS Amsterdam, 7005, in particular). The amenities list says "5X magnifying make-up mirrors" but is it lighted? How big? Any photos?

Thanks,

f3

As requested:

SA7033-2-of-3.jpg

I have a really strong lighted mirror at home. I found the ones on HAL to be adequate and glad that they are provided.

I also have a strong lighted mirror at home, & find the ones on the ship are fine to put on my makeup.. But I also take a small magnifying hand mirror with me too check out the back of my hair in the bathroom mirror...:)

The mirrors are a standard make and size on all HAL ships. Yes, they are lighted, hard wired, on a swinging support and from memory, about eight inches in diameter. If you turn the mirror to face the wall it makes a good night light.

I usually take a small travel make up mirror with a higher magnification. I guess the supplied mirror's effectiveness depends on one's eyesight.

(bold is mine)

Brilliant idea! I'm always learning something new here!!!

I always find the makeup mirrors to be barely adequate and I carry my own small magnifying mirror. The 5X magnification is okay, but the lighting isn't too strong.

On the Koningsdam, they provide a small, 5X mirror that is not illuminated. It is located in a bag in a drawer of the vanity area. This was in a Vista Suite, so it may vary in other cabins.

Best regards,

Priscilla

The mirror I carry is like a fat compact with a regular mirror on one side and a 10X or so magnification on the other. I bought it years ago at a beauty supply store in California. It isn't lighted but because it is small, I can carry it to the light.

Best regards,

Priscilla

• 1 year later...

The HAL Neptune Suite mirrors are lighgted and can be adjusgged as to angle or how clos or far itr is from one's face...... I have had some very bad ones in Neptune suites that are 'barely'

of use.'