pictures 10006

MAMATAMA

Hi,

I am looking for info on cabin 10006 on the DAWN, after its refurbishing. Photos or videos, or info. From the floor plan it looks like the pull out couch is now in the bedroom…..any help would be appreciated

I haven't seen any. We stayed in that room a few years ago. I doubt they'd put the pull out couch in the bedroom, there really isn't any room for it plus that would take away the privacy for the people in the main bedroom. They seem to be switching rooms to more consistent carpeting like a brown with green lines in it, changing bed covers to similar colors, new tv. That room was a bit banged up in spots - like the light switches were worn (there are a ton of them in the room), there were holes in the wall from the original tv but on our trip on POA after the drydock it looked like they changed out the light switches so maybe they did that on the Dawn.

They probably did swap out the leather like couch to fabric as that is what we saw on POA as well. The leather like ones would get scratched and marked up. That room had a nice mural in the dining alcove and matching on the wall behind the couch so hopefully they kept all that plus the nice blue tile in the bathroom.

Hi there! We stayed in 10506 for the first post dry dock sailing in June.

Overall the room looked refreshed.

The pullout is not in the bedroom. It is in the living room area and it is now covered with fabric.

The color scheme was very muted and more elegant. Browns and green with some blues. Live orchids replaced the ugly fake plants. The mural in the dining alcove was covered with wallpaper and is no longer visible.

The bathroom and closet areas were not touched during the refurb other than the removal of the tv over the jet tub in the bathroom. Left a nice big hole where the plug went into the wall.

The room was still a work in progress when we boarded and I am hoping the issues we had have been corrected by now. We expressed our concerns onboard in the hopes that the items would be addressed for future cruisers.

I felt some of the work was likely rushed and was completed

Happy to answer any questions! Will try to post some photos over the weekend.

Unless they changed it, the OS on Dawn/Star have a sliding glass door and curtain between main bedroom and living room so plenty of privacy. Our DS and DD went with us. You have the 1/2 bath off the main entrance so they can use that if needed. They'd get up earlier than us and they'd go out on the extra long side balcony and read.

That is a shame if they covered up the murals, especially in 10006 as it was beautiful. Hopefully they will also put a tv back in the bathroom by the tub and not just leave holes where the old one was like they did for the main tv.

Hi there! We stayed in 10506 for the first post dry dock sailing in June.

Overall the room looked refreshed.

The pullout is not in the bedroom. It is in the living room area and it is now covered with fabric.

The color scheme was very muted and more elegant. Browns and green with some blues. Live orchids replaced the ugly fake plants. The mural in the dining alcove was covered with wallpaper and is no longer visible.

The bathroom and closet areas were not touched during the refurb other than the removal of the tv over the jet tub in the bathroom. Left a nice big hole where the plug went into the wall.

The room was still a work in progress when we boarded and I am hoping the issues we had have been corrected by now. We expressed our concerns onboard in the hopes that the items would be addressed for future cruisers.

I felt some of the work was likely rushed and was completed

Happy to answer any questions! Will try to post some photos over the weekend.

Did they put new Samsung interactive tvs in the room? What is in the main bedroom for a tv?

The interactive flat screen is in the living room. The tv in the master was a flat screen.

The sliding glass door and curtains between the mater and living area provide a nice level of privacy.

The desk was removed from the master and replaced with a low bedside table. The laptop was no where to be found. Not an issue as we have never used it.

The red lounge chair was removed. Not sure if it is being replaced.

The Lavazza was replaced with a Nepresso. Really missed the ability to make cappuccino in the room. But due to the heads up from Cruise Critic, we brought along a small milk frother and that solved our "problem".

The Lavazza was replaced with a Nepresso. Really missed the ability to make cappuccino in the room. But due to the heads up from Cruise Critic, we brought along a small milk frother and that solved our "problem".

Where did you buy the milk frother?

The milk frother is Capresso brand. Very reasonable price at Most big box stores. Carried it on..it is.a little clunky but worth it. I like my cappuccino and mom has to have her chai. We really used the Lavazza quite a bit

So this was a great alternative for us.

The milk frother is Capresso brand. Very reasonable price at Most big box stores. Carried it on..it is.a little clunky but worth it. I like my cappuccino and mom has to have her chai. We really used the Lavazza quite a bit

So this was a great alternative for us.

Thank you so much. We will have to do this. We loved the Lavazza and used it at least 2x a day for Latte's. We loved the Lavazza so much that we bought the smaller version for home! We mainly use it on weekends for a treat but it sure is something we look forward to. Appreciate the tip for our next trip. :)