OBC-Cash

Hi,

I am doing the document sent up for our maiden cruise and am thinking that the cash option is great for the kids.

Is there a minimum you can put on? I am thinking $50USD each child (they should not need much, it just gives them some play money for the 5 days.

Thanks for the help and answering yet another of my questions:):)

thanks, so is there anyway of making the limit lower?

You can go to Guest Services and put a spending limit on the kid's accounts. However, it's been reported here that the limit does not apply to the arcade. I would confirm that with Guest Services.

You can go to Guest Services and put a spending limit on the kid's accounts. However, it's been reported here that the limit does not apply to the arcade. I would confirm that with Guest Services.

Ok, will check, but thanks for that. Bob you are amazingly helpful and I am very grateful for all I have read.

With a Cash account, they allow you to spend up to $500 before they ask you to put money onto your account. They WILL inform you when you get to that point!

As far as kid's spending goes....if your child is old enough to be going about the ship on their own, they are old enough to adhere to whatever spending limit you tell them to adhere to! If they can't do that...they ought not be out and about on their own.

Edited by cb at sea

Hi,

I am doing the document sent up for our maiden cruise and am thinking that the cash option is great for the kids.

Is there a minimum you can put on? I am thinking $50USD each child (they should not need much, it just gives them some play money for the 5 days.

Thanks for the help and answering yet another of my questions:):)

We didn't give our DS (15 and 18) spending privileges. We purchased the soda package for them, so they had unlimited access to soft drinks. There really wasn't much onboard they wanted to buy at the shops. The only other way to spend money would be the arcade, but I don't know if that is on the Sea Pass or with coins. We were on a cruise with them where there was a Noro outbreak. It was rumored to have started with the kids in the arcade, so they won't go near one anymore!

Also, DS 15 lost his Sea Pass Day 2. It was easy to have it replaced, and we eventually found the old one with the Windjammer staff, but it was a relief to know someone would only get free Cokes if they found it.

We didn't give our DS (15 and 18) spending privileges. We purchased the soda package for them, so they had unlimited access to soft drinks. There really wasn't much onboard they wanted to buy at the shops. The only other way to spend money would be the arcade, but I don't know if that is on the Sea Pass or with coins. We were on a cruise with them where there was a Noro outbreak. It was rumored to have started with the kids in the arcade, so they won't go near one anymore!

Also, DS 15 lost his Sea Pass Day 2. It was easy to have it replaced, and we eventually found the old one with the Windjammer staff, but it was a relief to know someone would only get free Cokes if they found it.

Thanks for your thoughts, we have already brought soft drink package for each of them. My thoughts was mainly extra for things like if they want to go for milk shakes or was thinking the arcade would be good for the younger ones (we have 4... 20, 18, 16 and 15 a friend).

You could purchase OBC then put a block on all other spending on the card. You can block the arcade as well. My wife took care of that chore so I dont remember where that was done. Probably guest services

I trust my kids and they are quite good about limits as I make them put some of their own money into their cruise fund (we match, so if my DS15 hands me $25 pre-cruise I purchase $50 OBC). We have the limit in the event the card goes missing to limit the damage.