How long to hear back on Steakhouse reservations?

TxMom

We sail on the Legend in less than 2 weeks. I have tried to make Steakhouse reservations for a few of our nights, in hopes of getting at least one of them. I emailed on Monday morning and have heard nothing back. When I made the small boat excursion reservations, I heard back within 24 hours.

I wasn't sure if we would be informed at embarkation of the reservation or are people usually informed before their sail date? Or does this mean there's no availability for the dates and times chosen?

Thanks for any insight!

We sail on the Legend in less than 2 weeks. I have tried to make Steakhouse reservations for a few of our nights, in hopes of getting at least one of them. I emailed on Monday morning and have heard nothing back. When I made the small boat excursion reservations, I heard back within 24 hours.

I wasn't sure if we would be informed at embarkation of the reservation or are people usually informed before their sail date? Or does this mean there's no availability for the dates and times chosen?

Thanks for any insight!

I've used the link from the check in page to request steakhouse reservations and usually hear back within 24 to 48 hrs.

I made a reservation request for the steakhouse a month ago. I still haven't heard anything. I don't sail until Jan. 2017 so there's still time. Just would like confirmation.:confused:

Edited by RumpunchGirl

It is up to the maitre d' to respond, so the length of time can vary. We booked Jiji's Asian Kitchen on Sunshine and after not getting a response for nearly two weeks I re-submitted the request thinking maybe it did not get through the first time. Two days later I received confirmation of our reservation.

My confirmation was within 24 hours. There was also a note at the bottom of the email I received mentioning the free bottle of wine on embarkation night (or 50% off other bottles) AND it mentioned the same promo for the first cruise elegant evening.

I've used the link in the "Manage My Cruise" section. I've sent at least 3 different date/time options, but haven't heard anything. I figured with our departure time getting close, the reservations would be getting worked on.

I guess I'll keep trying!

I've used the link from the check in page to request steakhouse reservations and usually hear back within 24 to 48 hrs.

Same here. I don't know if it makes any difference but I made my reservation more than 2 months out from our cruise.

I have emailed the Maitre D personally twice and used the booking engine on the Carnival website and have no response to any of them.

Its our 40th wedding anniversary on 18th September and I want to make sure we can dine in the Steakhouse

For my August 13, 2016, Miracle cruise, I emailed last Friday through Manage My Cruise and heard back within 2 days. The email reply came from the Steakhouse Manager at MISupper@carnival.com. She and I emailed back and forth because we had to change our time due to accommodating the size of our group but I always heard back within the day. Maybe you can email directly using the email naming protocol for your ship either at "steakhouse" or "supper" (as was the case for the Miracle).

My experience has been it takes 2-3 days for confirmation from the steakhouse. Since your cruise is soon, I would send the request in again. Enjoy the steakhouse! it is an awesome meal and experience.:cool:

Thanks for all the help!

Yesterday, I did email directly to the lesteakhouse email address. I'm hoping to hear something soon. Our cruise is in 11 days and we're celebrating an anniversary. I was worried if I emailed too far out, it might get lost. I guess that was a wrong assumption.

Hoping we can get in at least one evening!

I have FTTF for the 1st time on my Jan. 2017 cruise. Does this help to secure my reservation time at the specialty restaurants? Since it's been a month, I could try to resubmit my request but I don't want to end up with multiple reservations for the same night.

Thanks for any insight!

I had been waiting for a month to hear back, I saw this post yesterday and emailed the steakhouse after seeing the email address. Last night I got a confirmation of my reservation.

I think it just varies with the ship. I always book the steakhouse in advance through the "manage my cruise" link. Sometimes I receive an email confirmation (Legend and Liberty), and sometimes I don't (Valor and as of yet Conquest); but even without an email confirmation, my reservation has always been in the system when I checked on board.

I booked 2 nights at the Steakhouse on our upcoming cruise using the link on the Manage my Cruise page the evening I booked the cruise. I received e-mail confirmations for both nights the following morning. The longest it has taken to get a confirmation back was 2 days and that was when you had to e-mail the Maitre D, before they added the link on the Manage my Cruise page.

FTTF does not help securing steakhouse reservations and apparently neither does being Diamond. On our last cruise we wanted to make a reservation while on the ship, but were told it was sold out every night of the cruise. So much for "guaranteed" dining.

Edited by DebJ14