Anthem of the Seas - booking advice please!

Following some helpful advice on here a few weeks ago, I've decided to book Anthem of the Seas for next summer from NY down to the Caribbean.

It's me and DD 13 travelling from UK and having a few days in NY first.

There are 2 sailings 3rd and 17th August, think going to go with the earlier one as better for hurricanes (realise no guarantee!) - any thoughts?

I usually book an inside cabin on a high deck albeit on smaller ships, that way we have quick and access to upper decks for coffee, pools etc.

However inside cabins are sold out! so will have to go outside or balcony (shame!!).

first dilemma - all of these cabins are similar in price - less than £150 ($200) per person difference between large grade G cabin and balconies D0 to D8, SB or E1! Any comments on what's best and where.

Some are forward facing - how do people rate these?

Alternatively is there a thread / web site with an easy to review guide, rather than reviewing each location / class one by one on CC or RCI website.

Lastly we are going on Navigator of the Seas on Sunday for a tour and lunch whilst docked in Southampton and thinking of booking / putting a deposit down. I will then transfer it to my travel agent. Will I need to choose a cabin or can I do some more research and change or choose later?

Any other tips about on board booking and transferring?

Thanks to all you knowledgable people as I'm all a bit confused currently!!

Gillian :)

Guest maddycat

We always try to book a cabin mid-ship, on a deck with cabins above and below and as close to the elevators as possible. We were in a D8 balcony cabin on deck 9 on the Anthem in April. We were very pleased with the cabin and location. It was close to the aft elevators and was very quiet.

We have 2 more cruises booked on the Anthem. One is on deck 8 in a D8 balcony cabin and the other is on deck 11 in a D1 balcony cabin. When we booked the D1 RCI was running a promotion where all the balcony cabins (D1 - D8) were the same price.

I personally would not book a DO balcony since it is a cabin with an obstructed view.

When we first started cruising we always booked an inside. After a free upgrade to an ocean view we no longer wanted to sail in an inside. We took a few cruises in ocean view cabins. Then we booked our first balcony and loved it. We will only cruise in a balcony now.

Bye the way, after taking more than 30 cruises on several different cruise lines, the Anthem was our favorite. We loved everything about the ship.

Thanks for reply.

Mid ship is a good idea, although just found Teen area is aft, although no harm for DD to walk!

Assuming D1 is best balcony but why - position?? as think all same sq ft.

Great to hear you have loved Anthem the best as will see from signature I've tried lots of different lines and ships.

Bit worried that once leave the inside cabins you never go back, may get expensive especially as also planning a solo cruise to Baltics!

Gillian.

Following some helpful advice on here a few weeks ago, I've decided to book Anthem of the Seas for next summer from NY down to the Caribbean.

It's me and DD 13 travelling from UK and having a few days in NY first.

There are 2 sailings 3rd and 17th August, think going to go with the earlier one as better for hurricanes (realise no guarantee!) - any thoughts?

I usually book an inside cabin on a high deck albeit on smaller ships, that way we have quick and access to upper decks for coffee, pools etc.

However inside cabins are sold out! so will have to go outside or balcony (shame!!).

first dilemma - all of these cabins are similar in price - less than £150 ($200) per person difference between large grade G cabin and balconies D0 to D8, SB or E1! Any comments on what's best and where.

Some are forward facing - how do people rate these?

Alternatively is there a thread / web site with an easy to review guide, rather than reviewing each location / class one by one on CC or RCI website.

Lastly we are going on Navigator of the Seas on Sunday for a tour and lunch whilst docked in Southampton and thinking of booking / putting a deposit down. I will then transfer it to my travel agent. Will I need to choose a cabin or can I do some more research and change or choose later?

Any other tips about on board booking and transferring?

Thanks to all you knowledgable people as I'm all a bit confused currently!!

Gillian :)

I'm seeing inside cabins available on the US site. If you want a high deck, look at the large sideways interior cabins on deck 12 cat V2. These are really nice cabins with the bathroom across one end and a more squarish rectangular cabin area. I saw one on a cabin crawl and it was really appealing.

just checked again on RCI UK site and interior cabins sold for both August sailings! could book via US site but thats a whole new adventure (or challenge)

:confused:

Gillian

just checked again on RCI UK site and interior cabins sold for both August sailings! could book via US site but thats a whole new adventure (or challenge)

:confused:

Gillian

Many many Brits report doing so, and VERY happily.

Try chatting on the UK cruisers forum:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=683

Edited by Merion_Mom

Guest maddycat
Thanks for reply.

Mid ship is a good idea, although just found Teen area is aft, although no harm for DD to walk!

Assuming D1 is best balcony but why - position?? as think all same sq ft.

Great to hear you have loved Anthem the best as will see from signature I've tried lots of different lines and ships.

Bit worried that once leave the inside cabins you never go back, may get expensive especially as also planning a solo cruise to Baltics!

Gillian.

Yes D1 is considered better due to location. Some do have larger balconies.

Gillian, if you can't get an inside cabin, please do not be put off by the obstructed view balconies. Cost wise they are a real bargin....we had one in March on deck 6 and I was quite pleased and would book one again. The location was perfect as decks 4 and 5 are the heart of the ship, We have done approx 35 cruises and this was our first obstructed balcony. Never thought I'd like it. The life boat was our obstruction, but if you were standing up, you saw the ocean and the scenery, and the cool breeze was a real plus. Your daughter will love the Anthem...

Have a wonderful cruise :)