Cancel 2nd of 3 passengers

RegBarclay

Hi guys,

Quick check on how to proceed. It seems the 2nd passenger will not be able to make it. Cruise is in 3 weeks.

3 persons are booked - if I cancel 2nd, will 3rd automatically become the new 2nd passenger? Or would we loose cruise fare from 2nd and 3rd would have to pay balance to become new 2nd?

I guess what I am asking is: cancel or no-show?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

How did this work out for you? In the same boat (no pun intended ;) ) for ten days from now. :(

I'm trying to get someone else to take their place but it seems like they make that nearly impossible - which is silly because it is a simple name switch on the reservation. We haven't done online check in yet or any of that. You would think they would want to keep that third person on our reservation on the ship so they could make more money. Uggghhh.

If you are three weeks out from the cruise, you are too close to sailing for any type of fare refund for a cancellation. Only port fees and taxes for the cancelled passenger will be refunded.

In any case, you will probably find that the passenger cancelled will be considered to be passenger number 3 by NCL.

How did this work out for you? In the same boat (no pun intended ;) ) for ten days from now. :(

I'm trying to get someone else to take their place but it seems like they make that nearly impossible - which is silly because it is a simple name switch on the reservation. We haven't done online check in yet or any of that. You would think they would want to keep that third person on our reservation on the ship so they could make more money. Uggghhh.

2nd passenger was able to go after all, so I never cancelled or even called ncl...