Jade itineraries changed

Old Nutter

A brilliant and well thought out post.

I think that NCL's suits have switched their focus through 180 degrees from the customer to Wall Street and the shareholders. I fear that this will end badly (for both ends).

There was a classic UK example of how bad PR and upsetting your customer base can kill a successful company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner

I don't really care where the problems are and who didn't do their job properly, that's for NCL to figure out. But I would really like to see those August/September cruises on the web site and available to book. Has anyone heard anything new on this?

I think they will be up pretty soon.

It's interesting -- if you look on ncl.com right now for the July Norway and Iceland cruises on Jade you'll see that they've taken down everything but balcony and ov cabins. Everything else shows as sold out. They are clearly not sold out. I was looking at mini-suites a couple of days ago and had my choice of dozens and the same is true for insides. (Suites have not been for sale for a while, though.)

I think what they are doing is trying funnel people interested in Iceland toward the new cruises when they are first dropped. I suspect the idea will be to avoid cannibalizing their own new cruises and that after the initial phase of sales for the new Jade cruises, we'll see more cabins added back for the July cruises. Long winded way of saying that this just happened overnight, and so my guess is that it's a precursor to dropping the new Jade cruises within the next few days.

Hi @all,

Step by step, the new Jade itineraries get released, but there's still a mixture of both old and new itineraries, and for some, the details are missing.

On the german website, there's already a placeholder for the Canada/NE sailings the 06th and 16th Oct 2016 from NYC.

So Jade will offer Canada/NE cruises in 2017 for the first time. :) :)

CanNE06oct.jpg.2d2f9de0d15187c9546ee3bd93177f4e.jpg

CanNE16oct.jpg.78ec5bb8c450409a04171b1fbcef79ae.jpg

I don't really care where the problems are and who didn't do their job properly, that's for NCL to figure out. But I would really like to see those August/September cruises on the web site and available to book. Has anyone heard anything new on this?

My TA says she can book on Monday. She is coming in on her day off to book. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It is on EU website, not on UK. EU wanting around €5000 balcony cabin for one, €3000 pp for two lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

S

On NCL.com for Sept 25, 2017, Soton to NYC, 11dys, or Sept 11 for 14 days?!

Edited by pspercy

We booked the Jade's British Isles itinerary for May 22nd. We had been looking at a British Isles itinerary aboard the Caribbean Princess but, with 3K passengers, the ship just seemed so large. We've always been fond of the Jade - even with its quirky Hawaiian decor - and we're looking forward to a great cruise next May.

We booked the Jade's British Isles itinerary for May 22nd. We had been looking at a British Isles itinerary aboard the Caribbean Princess but, with 3K passengers, the ship just seemed so large. We've always been fond of the Jade - even with its quirky Hawaiian decor - and we're looking forward to a great cruise next May.

We're sailing with you :) I believe Jade is going into drydock for couple weeks in March and the quirky Hawaiian decor will probably disappear.

I hope she still has some personality after the redo. We love the Jewel class and think the Jade will be great for British Isles.

We are on the British Isles cruise as well. I called my PCC this week with a bit of confused irritation. On My NCL Belfast and Cobh disappeared. They were listed as sea days. However, after a few phone calls he assures me those port are still there. Anybody else have that happen? After NCL cancelled our October cruise I don't want to disappointed again.

We are on the British Isles cruise as well. I called my PCC this week with a bit of confused irritation. On My NCL Belfast and Cobh disappeared. They were listed as sea days. However, after a few phone calls he assures me those port are still there. Anybody else have that happen? After NCL cancelled our October cruise I don't want to disappointed again.

This happened to us yesterday. These port names went away and were replaced by Sea Day but the times were still shown correctly for the ports. It was fixed by last night........ today back to same as yesterday. I am hoping the itinerary will be at least close to what we booked but lol have not yet cancelled our 2017 fall Regal Princess repo cruise which includes some of the same ports.

NCL really needs to put some of their $$ into their IT department. We would also like to see the cruise reward/cruise next reward deposits show up correctly on the reservations as was done in the past.

Here is link to roll call for our cruise - come join us :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388697

The August 19th Iceland cruise is now on the UK site and prices are better than I was expecting. I've transferred my booking over and it was about £500-£1,000 lower than I was expecting (aft mini suite).

I'm very happy with the outcome of this all.

MY first scan across the .co.uk pricing, thought they were a bit high, need more detailed look.

As a guide princes 12 round UK have been £399,£499,£699 for an inside(no perks) the last three years.

High. For us poor solo passengers an inside on the round UK is £1700! [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The August 19th Iceland cruise is now on the UK site and prices are better than I was expecting. I've transferred my booking over and it was about £500-£1,000 lower than I was expecting (aft mini suite).

I'm very happy with the outcome of this all.

Same move for us, moving from the July 16th.

Cheaper cruise, extra day and port day (Newcastle), better cabin, likely cheaper airfare for us from Canada as "everybody" flies direct into London and nobody direct into Hamburg...

We just booked the Aug. 19 Iceland cruise. Did almost the same cruise on NCL back in September 2010 and really enjoyed it. Went back in the records to see how much we paid then and found that the price has literally doubled. Of course, I believe the Canadian dollar was stronger back then so the exchange rate is killing us. However that doesn't account for that much difference in price.

Anyway, looking to see if roll call has been set up yet. I have a good contact for reasonable prices on the circle route excursion in Iceland.