gym

Very well-equipped. A large open area for you to use for your own workout, make up your own boot camp. Lots of machines. Lots of cardio equipment. Free weights. I love the large area on this class and the Voyager class ships. Mats and towels available. I go about 9 AM on most days. Probably fewer people either earlier or later. Good time on port days. I seldom have to wait a couple of minutes for any machine.

Very well-equipped. A large open area for you to use for your own workout, make up your own boot camp. Lots of machines. Lots of cardio equipment. Free weights. I love the large area on this class and the Voyager class ships. Mats and towels available. I go about 9 AM on most days. Probably fewer people either earlier or later. Good time on port days. I seldom have to wait a couple of minutes for any machine.

Is the gym free? Or are there charges?

thanks!

The fitness center is open from 6 am to 10 pm, but in my experience the door has always been open before 6 and by the time I get there, there are 6 or more people on treadmills and stationary bikes already! People work out early in the morning because it's done for the day, so yes it is very busy in the morning. Some days when people are waiting for the treadmill (an awful feeling to be watched, by the way!) I just hop off and finish my workout on the jogging track if it's not too windy.

There is no charge to use the machines or weights but there are classes which charge a fee. They will be listed in your printed Cruise Compass with a little $ sign beside them. There are complimentary stretch classes usually at 7 am and again around dinner time. :)

what is the gym like on board? what are the best hours to go (time that it's not so busy). Is it opened 24/7?

I'll be going on the Liberty in a week!

Go early.

The gyms are well equipped. Top notch equipment from life fitness.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good idea. It takes Courtney 90 hours to get ready for dinner so late afternoon works best for me while she is getting ready.

I'm thinking she still does not read CC.:D