What nights are formal night?

We are sailing 7 night Eastern Caribbean on Harmony in November. Entertainment just became available to book. I enjoy formal nights, and am trying to make entertainment and dinning reservations accordingly. Are formal nights always days 2 and 5, or does it vary from sailing to sailing? TIA!!

I thought that the Eastern itineraries were night 6 and the Western on night 5 putting both of those on sea days.

I was hoping it would be night 6 since it is a sea day! We are in St Martin until 5pm on day 5. Oh well, I have to try and stop my type A personality and just go with the flow! Haha

We haven't cruised as many as others, but in our cruises since 2002, we have never had a formal night on the final evening, since many are packing and getting ready to put their suitcases outside their rooms. Formal nights can fall on a sea day or a Port day.

Always always always night 2 of 99% of cruises (that have formal nights). It's a cruise tradition that does not die - the opportunity for the captain to welcome you aboard his ship. The second one on a 7 day used to be night 6. But these days depending on the itinerary it will be night 5 or 6. Allure switches nights depending on eastern or western. If one of those days is a port day where the ship doesn't sail until after 6 it's likely not that night.

Edited by MattInFLL

We haven't cruised as many as others, but in our cruises since 2002, we have never had a formal night on the final evening, since many are packing and getting ready to put their suitcases outside their rooms. Formal nights can fall on a sea day or a Port day.

Night 6 is not the last night. The last night that you are referring to would be night 7 and I agree that there would never be a formal night on night 7.

When on the Eastern itinerary, Allure's formals nights are 2 and 6.

It's 2 and 5 on Western, but changes for Eastern because of the port order.

This is correct and will be the same for HOTS....so 2nd formal will be night 6 a sea day.

On a 7 night cruise, I was referring to the final formal night being on the 5th night or 2 nights before you arrive in port, the 6th night everyone is packing.

Allure, Sunday departure

Sunday - night 1

Monday - night 2 (first formal night)

Tuesday - night 3

Wednesday - night 4

Thursday - night 5 (second formal night Western itinerary)

Friday - night 6 (second formal night Eastern itinerary)

Saturday - night 7 (last night, time to pack)

Sunday - arrive Back in FLL

Each of the oasis class ships are switching things up a bit next year when it comes to ports. So not sure "Eastern night 6; western night 5" will always be true. But with day 6 being a sea day on OP's itinerary, bet it will be then.