Embarkation Waiting Room

I'll be meeting up with my daughter in Miami at the port before we embark as we are flying in from different parts of the country. My flight gets in 2 hours after hers and I'm using Air2Sea mainly because of my late arrival time in Miami (1205). She gets in about 10-ish and does not want to hang around the airport. A couple of questions as we haven't sailed RC before. 1) Is it relatively easy to find the waiting area at the port? (she's early 20s sometimes a little carefree :)) and 2) we booked a suite, but as I'm the primary person on the booking, will she have access to a different embarkation area and will she need any paperwork with her?

I'm just assuming they won't let her board since I have the credit card :D

Thank you.

Give her a copy of the set-sail pass, with your credit card number....assuming YOU are paying the bill. There is really no reason for her to sit there for 2+ hours waiting on you! She could simply tell them she's doing a "cash" account...they don't require ANY "downpayment"...then when you board, you can pick up her account. Let her board and start having fun!

It would be helpful for her to have a copy of the Setsail pass...they generally ask to see it along with id when you are going thru the security line...you can link her expenses to your card on the online check in...or as was suggested...have her set up a cash acct. at boarding & then just change over at guest services onboard...it's not a problem at all...

Wow - my head is spinning a little thinking about how much 'fun' she'll have with my credit card in 2 hours :o!

Will they be able to tell me she's already boarded when I arrive - I'm a little nervous about arriving on time. Hopefully all this weird weather will disappear by next week.

I'll be meeting up with my daughter in Miami at the port before we embark as we are flying in from different parts of the country. My flight gets in 2 hours after hers and I'm using Air2Sea mainly because of my late arrival time in Miami (1205). She gets in about 10-ish and does not want to hang around the airport. A couple of questions as we haven't sailed RC before. 1) Is it relatively easy to find the waiting area at the port? (she's early 20s sometimes a little carefree :)) and 2) we booked a suite, but as I'm the primary person on the booking, will she have access to a different embarkation area and will she need any paperworko with her?

Thank you.

Personally I think it would make more sense to meet at the airport. Are you both planning to take taxis to the port? Would make more sense financially to travel in one cab.

Also, hopefully no problems, but flight/luggage delays do happen. If there was a problem you would be together. Most people recommend flying in the night before to avoid such stress, but that's another post/story.

Two hours is not that long to wait. She would know exactly what time/gate you were arriving at.

At the port you go through TSA type screening, similar to the airport, before you actually check in. Cab drivers will deliver you to the correct berth for your ship.

Both of you will need your passports, or appropriate ID, credit card, etc. You should also print your set sail passes, which you complete on line. She may be able to board without you, however, not absolutely sure seeing as the credit card has not been seen and approved by the check in staff. She could wait for you between the TSA check and actual check in. Haven't been through Miami in a long time so not absolutely sure if she would have a comfy place to wait. As I indicated originally I think airport is a better plan.

Im with grandma dazzles... Make your daughter wait on you at the airport. I assume since its your card, you also paid for her cruise. So she should wait on her mother. If you are both listed on the set sail pass, I believe you have to check in together? Otherwise, you would have to have her on a separate account - as stated before on this post.

I always always always - fly in the day before a cruise.

Personally I think it would make more sense to meet at the airport. Are you both planning to take taxis to the port? Would make more sense financially to travel in one cab.

Also, hopefully no problems, but flight/luggage delays do happen. If there was a problem you would be together. Most people recommend flying in the night before to avoid such stress, but that's another post/story.

Two hours is not that long to wait. She would know exactly what time/gate you were arriving at.

At the port you go through TSA type screening, similar to the airport, before you actually check in. Cab drivers will deliver you to the correct berth for your ship.

Both of you will need your passports, or appropriate ID, credit card, etc. You should also print your set sail passes, which you complete on line. She may be able to board without you, however, not absolutely sure seeing as the credit card has not been seen and approved by the check in staff. She could wait for you between the TSA check and actual check in. Haven't been through Miami in a long time so not absolutely sure if she would have a comfy place to wait. As I indicated originally I think airport is a better plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IHeartCruising2

As long as she has her set sail pass printed it should be no problem for her to board without you. I recently did this on an NCL crusie, my sister and mom were at the pier before I was. They let them board without issue since they had their paperwork, even though it was my credit card tied to the account. They just ran my card when I got to the pier and checked in.

I'll be meeting up with my daughter in Miami at the port before we embark as we are flying in from different parts of the country. My flight gets in 2 hours after hers and I'm using Air2Sea mainly because of my late arrival time in Miami (1205). She gets in about 10-ish and does not want to hang around the airport. A couple of questions as we haven't sailed RC before. 1) Is it relatively easy to find the waiting area at the port? (she's early 20s sometimes a little carefree :)) and 2) we booked a suite, but as I'm the primary person on the booking, will she have access to a different embarkation area and will she need any paperwork with her?

Thank you.

You have to be there.