What the??? Released Our Suite?

What this means is when you set up your group there was an options date. All cabins must be named by that date. Also A certain level of deposit must be met by that date. So you haven't named the occupants for that cabin and you haven't met the total deposit required for the group. They reserve the right to recall the cabins either before or at that date. I am a TA and you need to watch these dates carefully.

Exactly - thats why groups are always best handled by a travel agent that knows group bookings - hope you get it worked out

Both RFS are 8714 & 8414. I tried calling and group reservations are closed and regular agent said C&A can't help. Only the groups dept can answer.

I just looked at the site that us regular people (not a TA) use to look at cabins and all suites showing sold out.:(

I just looked at the site that us regular people (not a TA) use to look at cabins and all suites showing sold out.:(

Even on the booking engine for agents, they do not list the big suites available( like FRS or the others that hold 5 or more)

Have to call in for those.

Even on the booking engine for agents, they do not list the big suites available( like FRS or the others that hold 5 or more)

Have to call in for those.

Never knew that. How about the availability of JS on the site I am looking at, is that information somewhat accurate? I have always read that it shows "most but not all".

Never knew that. How about the availability of JS on the site I am looking at, is that information somewhat accurate? I have always read that it shows "most but not all".

I just looked at both sites...they both show the exact same ones available..I picked the LB Nov 13th........9 for each,but they may not show more than a certain number on the consumer site..

Edited by PH8

Logged into my account and it looks like my suite is okay. I'll check with my uncle and see if his suite is okay. He may have reduced the number of people in his cabin. Some family members were going to share his RFS and they cancelled. He may have dropped some people from that room from 8 down to 5. I'll call the group's department though in the morning and report back what I learned.

Edited by cj_one2000

Don't keep us hanging:) What was RCCL's explanation??

Mystery has been solved. Our RFS is okay! So what happened is my brother and his wife were moved out of our suite and into an inside cabin several months ago. For some reason, it took the system this long to "trash" their old reservation number. Have no clue why the statement RCI sent early Sunday morning mentioned an $8,000 deposit but it did. RCI group agent joked that their system likes to randomly send customers email so they call customer service so he has a job :D Anyway, we confirmed that both RFS were okay and that my brother and his wife were still in their inside stateroom.

Mystery has been solved. Our RFS is okay! So what happened is my brother and his wife were moved out of our suite and into an inside cabin several months ago. For some reason, it took the system this long to "trash" their old reservation number. Have no clue why the statement RCI sent early Sunday morning mentioned an $8,000 deposit but it did. RCI group agent joked that their system likes to randomly send customers email so they call customer service so he has a job :D Anyway, we confirmed that both RFS were okay and that my brother and his wife were still in their inside stateroom.

Whew! Glad all is well!

Have no clue why the statement RCI sent early Sunday morning mentioned an $8,000 deposit but it did.

Someone mentioned the (potential) answer to that on the first page.

As for amount owing ($8000 I believe you mentioned)...In our case that was the amount owed for the deposits still for ALL the cabins in your block in total that were not yet picked up and deposits made on as of yet. That amount is reduced when RCCL takes back the unused cabins in the block. This had me worried as well til I understood that.

Someone mentioned the (potential) answer to that on the first page.

Nope - that didn't apply in our case. We only have two extra rooms in our group reservation block and both those rooms have a $500 deposit paid on each of them. We don't have any other rooms in our block with unpaid deposits. It's just weird how they made it sound like they were dropping a single passenger and the RFS cabin in the statement. Just strange. But the agent did say it was a system generated email.