When Does Royal Caribbean Usually Decorate For The Holidays?

We booked the Transatlantic on the Navigator yesterday, which will leave Southampton on November 10th and gets into Miami the day before Thanksgiving. I wonder if anybody knows if the ship will be decorated for the holidays during our cruise? We have fairly recently jumped ship from DCL and they decorate their ships during the first full week in November.

Corinna

We booked the Transatlantic on the Navigator yesterday, which will leave Southampton on November 10th and gets into Miami the day before Thanksgiving. I wonder if anybody knows if the ship will be decorated for the holidays during our cruise? We have fairly recently jumped ship from DCL and they decorate their ships during the first full week in November.

Corinna

Our experience has been that they start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, and it takes a few days before they finish.

Our experience has been that they start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, and it takes a few days before they finish.

Thanks Bob. Looks like I am out of luck on this account. Our first cruise on Royal Caribbean was on the Splendour in mid December last year and I loved the formal photos with the Christmas decorations in the background.

Corinna

While immediately after Thanksgiving is true in many cases, I suspect that with your schedule it will be completed before arrival in the US as they have rather more downtime on the TA . Possible that the decorations are stored in Miami, but I don't' think so.

We usually always cruise the week after Thanksgiving (sailing out on Saturday or Sunday). Our experience has always been that they start decorating once at the first port of call while most passengers are off the ship, but they continue to decorate for a few days. We always love that the boat looks one way when we first board, but it evolves as the week goes on into a holiday scene.

We will be on a 12 night starting 11/27/16 on Anthem, do you think it will be decorated during our cruise?

Well, we went on Anthem last year for Christmas week. It was beautiful. I hope it's dressed up for you, too.

IMG_3334.jpg.f44ca70937da54c42d312287b50aaa7d.jpg

Edited by Broken07
ship name added

We always cruise around Thanksgiving and they start to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. It seems magical to watch how the ship decor changes over the days. The one year we cruises with Santa Claus and I mean he looked like Santa. He always dressed in some type of Santa shirts and had a tux with the Christmas theme. He was such an awesome person as he left all the "kids" have there picture taken with Santa. Would love to cruise with him again.

We went on the serenade last year and the decorations went up the day after Thanksgiving and looked wonderful. It amazed me how fast the ship was decorated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app