Spirit dry dock upgrade?

Deehitchen

While on the Jade two weeks ago I asked the Captain why the Jades refit was reduced to about a week which would suggest a major overhaul like the Gem would not be possible. I was told that when the final bill came in for the ships overhauled under the Edge program the price was too high. As a result the Jade is getting only minor cosmetic updates and removal of the Hawaiian decorations. I am guessing that the Spirit will either be delayed for a major gut job or removed from the fleet and head the China.

Because of the shortened dry dock (4-5 days) they will only do some technical work and upgrades to some public areas (at least that is what is stated under the "Upcoming Cruise Ship Renovations" here on CruiseCritc). So unfortunately I don't think we will see much changes/upgrades in guest areas on our upcoming cruise in May 2017.... :mad:

But then again, I booked the cruise for the itinerary and not for the ship, so we will have a great time anyway....

Edited by TrumpyNor

Because of the shortened dry dock..... unfortunately I don't think we will see much changes/upgrades in guest areas on our upcoming cruise in May 2017.... :mad:

But then again, I booked the cruise for the itinerary and not for the ship, so we will have a great time anyway....

What cruise are you on in May? We are on the Rome to Rome on the 18th and booked for the itinerary and to experience our 1st ever cruise.

Very much looking forward to it.

What cruise are you on in May? We are on the Rome to Rome on the 18th and booked for the itinerary and to experience our 1st ever cruise.

Very much looking forward to it.

Will be on the cruise just before your cruise (from Barcelona to Rome/Civitavecchia), disembarking the same day you are embarking the ship. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

I was going to joke maybe they went over-budget based on the numbers we have been hearing plus the thoughts that FDR decided to do more work than planned on some of the ships. Doing the math kind of seemed like they were going to over-run the $400,000,000 plan plus there was the GSC updates. Not sure if they are actually going to be able to spend more or not.

In regards to Spirit, wondering with all the NCL ships over in Europe for 2018 if they would get rid of the Spirit? From the BTS tour on Spirit they said since it is an older ship it has to go in every 3 years for the minimum so it should still have one coming up soon.