Any special buffets anymore?

irishayes

the last Grand Buffet brunch we attended was a mess. The system has you waiting at the door until a table is cleared and set.. which is good.. but so many people just walked through and sat at dirty tables and occupied tables where people were already mid meal. Then complaining and demanding cutlery etc. started. The waiters were frazzled as there was no system or table order.

We heard that regulars who dine in MDR for lunch complained that 'their place' was taken from them.

We were told that this situation was common and contributed to the end of the event..

OMG. I ate at the Lunch Buffet in the MDR so for many years. I must have caught many many diseases of which I am unaware of. I should be dead by now.

This goes with the "no more having the diners wave their napkins around for a waiter's parade due to concerns over germs being spread."

How have I survived so long?

I'm going to lock myself in my cabin the next time around so I don't get exposed to anything at all.

Something has happened to common sense along the way.

Well said!

Grand Buffet in my opinion was a waste. Watched obese people take too much food and leaving it on their plates. Reminded me of pigs coming to the trough. Good move my X.

Agree with your comments. I stopped even going to them as they were too crowded and experienced some undesirable behavior. Two Hotel Directors told me that there were more arguments and fights at brunch than any other venue. The crew were happy to see it go since they had to work well into the morning to prepare for it. Some "traditions" should be stored in the memory to get better over time.

Grand Buffet in my opinion was a waste. Watched obese people take too much food and leaving it on their plates. Reminded me of pigs coming to the trough. Good move my X.

I like the special buffets but I agree many passengers just go completely nuts. The first chocolate buffet I went to was a freekin zoo. people wire piling plates 3 deep with stuff there was no way they could ever hope to eat (well most of them). That night in the hallways many of those plates, still piled high with chocolate were left outside peoples cabins. It was both sad, pathetic and a total waste of food. Some cruise traditions just need to die.

I like the special buffets but I agree many passengers just go completely nuts. The first chocolate buffet I went to was a freekin zoo. people wire piling plates 3 deep with stuff there was no way they could ever hope to eat (well most of them). That night in the hallways many of those plates, still piled high with chocolate were left outside peoples cabins. It was both sad, pathetic and a total waste of food. Some cruise traditions just need to die.

Oh 2 subjects here!!!!

The chocolate fountain with . People are disgusting.. seriously they double dip. Celebrity no longer allows self dipping. Yup they have a crew member stationed there to dip for you

and plates in the narrow corridors.. really people????? Crew members do sleep at night and you put your dirty dishes out in a public area on the floor where they can be tripped on !!! Then they stay all night.