FLL hotel closed

LeopardGirl2

We were going to stay in FLL at the Oceanfront hotel after the cruise leaving Oct 29th. I called the hotel and they will not be opening until summer 2006! I am sure they are not the only hotel that is closed! I am not going to chance it, and I have to change our flight now. I can imagine what a mad house the airport will be after that cruise!:( :( :(

It is a very good idea for anyone that plans a pre or post cruise stay in the next few weeks or even longer to call their hotel to check.

We are still waiting to hear if Amerisuites will be open next week. If not, I guess we just plan to sleep in the airport until we board the ship on the 5th. IF we board the ship on the 5th lol

I just got off the phone with Wyndham headquarters (the number for the hotel itself said disconnected:eek: ) anyhow they said that hotel has not been damaged but has no power or phones and will be closed through oct. 31st. We are staying on the 19th of November so I guess we are ok. The lady said most hotels near the airport are fine just have no power or phones that the beachfront took the brunt of the storm.

If anyone who has cruises in the next couple of weeks there is all sorts of info on the Hotel pre-post forum. There are two people who report on that board who live in Ft. Lauderdale; names are TrentS and Bequia. I cannot begin to tell you how much those two have reported what they do know in regards to hotels, electricity, etc. Those two are invaluable before the hurricane and after.

Marilyn

We were booked in the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport, they are closed through the 28th and that is when we were scheduled to stay before our departure on the CB for 10/29. Now I am scrambling as our flights are booked for Friday. Please check your hotels for those that are coming in on Friday.

Has anyone heard anything about the Amerisuites/ Ft Lauderdale 17th ST. ..... I can't get anyone on the phone there to help me. I would just like to know if our reservations still stand. And if they had alot of damage. I would hope that by the 13th of NOV. they should be opperating ... business as usual. Any help would be appreciated.. THANKS :confused:

We have a reservation for Nov. 13 at AmeriSuites too. Calling has gotten me nowhere, but I just read on the hotel-pre and post cruise board that AmeriSuites seems to have weathered the hurricane. They are, however, without power and water. Lets just keep our fingers crossed!

Embassy Suites lost some glass panels in the atrium roof and has some water damage. They're closed at the moment, but are already working on cleanup and repairs.

Hyatt Pier 66, Marina Marriott, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, Extended Stay America, and AmeriSuites are all fine. None of them have any visible damage, but are closed until the power comes back. The water problem has now been resolved, and will be drinkable by tomorrow.

Baxter - You might want to find another hotel if you're staying at that place, it's a nasty dump and should be closed permanently. It's one of those run-down old places that seems to just exist while awaiting the wrecking ball.

TrentS,

Thanks for the hotel updates. As a soon to be cruiser who has reservations for a precuise hotel (Embassy Suites) I really appreciate the investigation you are doing. I was planning on calling the hotel tomorrow or Monday, once things had stablized and what you are indicating things are. Again, mucho thanks.

Wondered if you had any more info re AmeriSuites on 10th/17th. I'm booked through Value Trips for November 11 and am hoping that I'll be able to stay there before my cruise on the Caribbean Princess the next day.

Thanks for all the previous info TrentS.

Wondered if you had any more info re AmeriSuites on 10th/17th. I'm booked through Value Trips for November 11 and am hoping that I'll be able to stay there before my cruise on the Caribbean Princess the next day.

Thanks for all the previous info TrentS.

I spoke to someone at AmeriSuites this morning, the phone is working now. He said they're not open yet, and didn't have any idea when they would be.

I was in that area this afternoon, but unfortunately I didn't find out anything else. The doors are locked and no one is in sight. There's a sign on the front door saying "Thanks to Hurricane Wilma, closed until further notice".

There's no visible damage to the building at all, but that section still doesn't look like it has power. Most of SE 17th Street does have power, but AmeriSuites, Outback Steakhouse and Del Rio Tex Mex are still closed and dark.

AmeriSuites had all the windows open in the rooms and curtains tied back like they were trying to air the rooms out so perhaps they've had some water damage. I was past there the day after the hurricane though and I didn't see any broken windows or any sign of the roof being off or anything like that so I'm sure it's nothing serious, but I don't know what else to tell you except to keep checking with them, or try and find a backup hotel if you're coming soon.

Does anybody know how the Yankee Clipper faired?

John & Barbara Cruise:)

I haven't been past the Yankee Clipper, but from the Starwood website... "The Sheraton Yankee Clipper remains closed due to storm damage and scheduled remodeling."

Archived