Civitavecchia Disembarkation

viajes001

I embarked in Civitavecchia before but I have never disembarked there. When we embarked 2 years ago, we got there via train and then took a shared van (this appeared to be the norm as we really didn't see any taxis) to the ship from the train station. Are these shared vans available to go from the ship to the train station? Also around about what time do the ships usually disembark by? If it makes any difference we are on the Rhapsody of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, there have not been shared shuttles to the train station. The common practice is to take the free port shuttle to the entrance, then either walk or take the bus from the entrance to the train station. This bus is 2 euros/pp. If your ship is docked in the southern part of the harbor, you might be able to walk to the entrance.

All cruise lines wish to have their ships empty by 9:30 or 10 (this is true just about everywhere in the world). When they start depends upon their docking time, and their arrangements with the port. Many have talked about disembarking within about 30 minutes of docking, but the last time we were there, we docked at 4:45, but nobody was allowed off before about 7:15.

Edited by CruiserBruce